Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2014, 06:30 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Leveling Issue..UGH

We have a 2013 Aspect 30c. We purchased this new last year. Every once in awhile, when the levelers are down, the rig is off level on the drivers side just a little...but when cooking inside the rig you can really tell. We had this problem initially and had it checked...no problem they said. We have leveled with slides in and out...doesn't make a difference. It doesn't happen all the time and doesn't seem to make a difference if we're on a pad, gravel or dirt/grass. It's great when we first level, then gradually it gives. Anyone else had this problem??
Andi
Kdsgone2dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:35 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Is it always the same corner? Check to see if you have a leaking solenoid. I do and my rig will level, but then the right front will slowly drop, so for the moment I have to level it and then shore up that corner so it stays level until I can get it replaced.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:37 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Andi--I've experienced that too. In my case I attribute it to the coach settling if I'm on a packed-grave site. Could that be the case? It could also be a leak in your system too, but since you've had that checked out either it's too slight for them to locate, or they missed it. If you are still under warranty I'd see if I could find a better place to verify that the system is ok (before your warranty expires). If you are out of warranty, then it gets pricey fast to have these guys "check it out." In my experience, you have to really search to find good quality service technicians...
Old 06-18-2014, 06:44 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Yup, often we'll notice ours starting to "wiggle" on the second day. 10 second tweak to fix it. Have attributed it to settling as well - even with the use of pretty good size jack pads.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:28 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

What you're experiencing isn't uncommon when parked on gravel or other soft surfaces. If it happens on a level concrete surface I would definitely suspect a leaking solenoid or line. We had the same thing happen many times with the HWH system on our previous coach. The front jack pads were so small they would sink into any soft surface including asphalt on hot summer days. We solved the problem by making some 12" square pads (2 pieces of 12" square 3/4" exterior plywood screwed together) to place under the pads when parked on anything other than concrete. The 1-1/2" thick pads cover enough surface area the jacks didn't sink in on any surface.

The jack pads on our new motorhome are considerably larger but we still use the pads to avoid problems.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:51 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the replies...leaky solenoid...hmmm. Guess we should get it checked out by another place. It's well documented as we are out of manufacture warranty, but have extended warranty.
And yes, its always the same side no matter what we're parked on...gotta make a phone call.
Thanks all
Andi
Old 06-18-2014, 02:44 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Hopefully it was clear that I meant leaking internally. In any event, just level it on a hard surface and measure the height of each corner. Come back to it in a few days and recheck the heights. If one (or more) corners have dropped, you already have your answer. Just need to get them replaced.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:04 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quick update on our leveler issue...just as we suspected...bad levelers. New ones on order and hopefully Winnebago will pick up the bill as we have been to Camping World and Winnebago factory for this issue in the past only to be told nothing was wrong. We will know specifics today as our service person was out on Friday and we were only told they had to order new ones.
We're very glad that the problem is resolved and we can return to planning our fall trips.
Safe travels everyone.
Andi
Old 07-17-2014, 02:22 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Update! Winnebago has agreed to fully warranty our levelers! What a great company!! Customer service is best! And a big thanks to Camping World in Cocoa for helping. I know many have had less than stellar experience with Camping World, but we bought our Aspect there and have always had great help/service. Our service gal, Danielle, is always kind and patient. Should be on the road soon.
Safe travels everyone
Andi

Tags
leveling