Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-14-2017, 12:40 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Leveling foot size

I have a 2016 Winnebago Suncruiser 38Q. I want to put the snap on jack covers on. So I ordered those for Class A. They are 10 inches which is too big. The motorhome is at a suspension shop having Sumos installed and alignment. I forgot to measure the foot so not sure if the 9 inch snap on will work and the shop is a drive. So wondering if anyone here knows the diameter of the leveling jack foot. I think they are the same size for all the gas motorhomes. I appreciate any help you can give me. If anyone has a comment about the snap on covers that would be welcome as well.
cpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 08:02 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

FWIW, when parked on asphalt on hot days the jack feet have a tendency to "sink" in the asphalt. I've witnessed and been involved in needing to use a crow bar to raise the jacks as the hydraulic force wasn't sufficient enough on it's own. You may end up sacrificing those pads.
TarasParents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:16 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Jacks

I am not sure these would be more of a problem as they provide a wider footprint but i would rather sacrifice a cover than the foot. I am surprised i have no responses from people who have purchased these which may say something.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:04 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Hi guys

We have a 2013 36M and I installed the snap pads on it mine are 9 inches and work fine.
Rick FLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 12:33 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thanks Rick. Finally someone who has tried them.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:00 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

cpoo, On 01-04-2016 Winnebago changed the leveling jack design on the 38Q. Prior to 01-04-2016 they used the jacks with hydraulic return system and 9" pads. After 01-04-2016 they used the jacks with spring return system and 10" pads.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 04:20 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Thank you. Just what I wanted. I know the 10 inch was too big so it must be 9. The snap pad company has one of the best customer service responses I have used in a long time. I returned the jacks. Had UPS e-mail the receipt and they credited my account immediately.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:40 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

i have these pads on my jacks. they comply with the fmca rules of having a pad under the jacks when parked on hard surfaces.
if the pad isnt any larger than the foot, or is larger, but not by much, depending on the weight of the coach, the foot will still indent hot asphalt. i use a piece of 2x12 2 ft long. or a 18x18 inch square of plywood, when needed.
ive seen the the snap on feet sunk into hot asphalt, or mud.
they help on stable surfaces, but not in all cases.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling