Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2008, 05:14 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Just a question on the level legs. We are on a site that is low right and rear. We got the coach level but the drivers rear leveler is still about 1 inch off the ground?? Can only run level legs down in pairs. How do you get on solid ground with all level legs??

2005 Sunrise 33V Workhorse Chassis
Old Odyssey Toad
Bayway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 05:14 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Just a question on the level legs. We are on a site that is low right and rear. We got the coach level but the drivers rear leveler is still about 1 inch off the ground?? Can only run level legs down in pairs. How do you get on solid ground with all level legs??

2005 Sunrise 33V Workhorse Chassis
Old Odyssey Toad
Old 10-04-2008, 05:34 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We carry a stock of 12" 2x12's. On any marginal surface (especially asphalt) we put at least one block under each jack pad. If there is a visible unlevel scenario, we "pad" the low jack(s). They will level to the blocks, not the ground - hydrodynamics at work!! If you're not totally happy with the auto-level, tweakng is certainly acceptable.

FMCA; WIT; FCOA; Good Sam; Passport
porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 06:21 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

We carry the plastic "leggo" type blocks.
Put one down and drive the high tire on it and then level.

I sometimes have to put blocks under some of the tires but rarely have to put them under the jacks since the jacks have quite a lot of extension.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:52 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the replys. I have put the boards under the jack legs and all is well.

2005 Itasca Sunrise 33V Workhorse Chassis
Old Odyssey Toad
Old 10-07-2008, 05:54 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

It happens a lot that one jack will be off the ground. But in most cases you do not need blocks under the jack that is off the ground. After leveling the coach you simply press the button for the AXLE that has the jack off the ground. For example: you've leveled the coach, but the left rear jack is not making ground contact, press the lower button on the control panel, the right rear jack (the one that is making contact) will not extend further, but the left rear jack will extend. Once the pressures in both of the rear jacks are equal, both jacks start lifting the coach equally on both sides. What you need to do is pull your finger off the button the instant the right rear jack (in this example) starts extending again. I do this with my wife watching the jack and telling me when to stop. The Winnie manual is not very clear on this. A tech at the dealership told me how to do it, and it works.
Give it a try.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:29 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

All 4 jacks need to be contacting a solid surface. Putting stuff under the tires is irrelevant unless you're not using the leveling jacks. Having a jack suspended in the air (assuming the system will let you - most go into alarm) will twist the chassis. Hopefully you don't have a Class A with a one-piece windshield.

FMCA; WIT; FCOA; Good Sam; Passport
porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:07 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

The jacks are to be down with all 4 hitting the ground. As mentioned, the jacks are in pairs with a hydraulic system the pressure equalizes for each pair of jacks. You will find that the coach will rock and roll much less if you follow the procedure in the manual.

I level with the jacks in the back first and slightly raise it. Then the front until the lights indicate level front to back then right to left is adjusted. Try it and you will like it!
Old 07-06-2011, 02:27 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Thumbs down Don't buy any Kwikee Products - No Service Available

Kwikee products suck. BUYER BEWARE They refuse to help their customers.
The web site says they have exceptional service.
The reality is they DO NOT HAVE ANY SERVICE WHATSOEVER.

The toll free number to "exceptional service" tells you that
they are NOT INTERESTED IN YOU AS A CUSTOMER.

Why would anyone do business with a company who treats their
end customers like that? I won't any more. When the jacks completely fail I will NOT purchase new ones from this terrible company and highly recommend others DO NOT PURCHASE kWIKEE PRODUCTS.

No more of my dollars for you. Business must be good for you.

That will change with your "exceptional customer service" policy.

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: Don't buy Kwikee products.
They only want your money and will tell you to get lost if there are
any issues for repair.

I had to learn the hard way. Hopefully this will help you with your expensive purchase decision.

Kwikee products should be avoided at all costs.
Spending large sums of money to purchase Kwikee products
is done at your peril. BUYER BEWARE. You have been dutifully warned.
Kwikee_Sucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:45 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

JEEZ, It sounds like Kwikee_Sucks is upset

I wonder if he has contacted Winnebago? I believe, but can't confirm absolutely, that Kwikee does have good support, they just choose to provide it to OEM and dealers. I can understand their position because so many, not necessarily Kwikee_Sucks, folks take advantage of customer support, etc. If you have trouble with your Chevy, is General Motors the FIRST person you call, or do you call the dealer first? Just sayin'

I hope that whatever Kwikee_Sucks problem is, that he gets it resolved. If he had stated the problem rather than post a rant against the manufacturer of a component assembly, he might have received some help from this forum.

Good luck
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:57 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Kwikee gave me a new stair control box at last years GNR.
- the previous owner rewired it so the stairs would stay out while the engine was running (bad idea)
Old 07-06-2011, 05:02 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

My repair facility just got 2 new Kwikee jacks for my RV. They had to go thru a distributor but got them in 1 week.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:35 PM   #13
Winnebago Watcher

ChasA when you say only the leveler off the ground will come down and the one touching the ground will not move, are you talking about manual levelers or auto. I have level best manual on my 07 winnebago vista and I have had the problem when level only three were touching ground and the fourth was not touching.

Dale
Dardale is offline   Reply With Quote