Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Left Arm Rest Height Adjuster does not work anymore?

Hi Guys:

My left driver seat arm rest does not adjust up or down anymore, the cylinder just spins around.

If I pull off the leather cover is it something I could fix? I took of plastic cover around the cylinder (4) screws but it doesn't seem to come out.

I think I remember hearing that there is a bolt somewhere inside that comes loose or falls out on these things?

Any advice, I am all ears.... Thanks..

Jim P.
pameridan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:07 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Seems I recall one of mine gave me some problems at one point ...it apparently got turned too far one direction. I opened it up and it was pretty easy to get back into operation. My seats are made by Villa in case that makes any difference...
Old 07-19-2010, 06:18 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Your post really brought up a funny story for me personally. Mine did the same thing after owning the coach for one day so, I did what you did and removed the four screws and played around with it for a couple of hours trying to fix it. No luck. I got up to go get a cold one and when I was gone my wife went out the door and bumped the arm rest I was working on (it was in the up position but she knocked it to the down position). When I came back I started to flip it back up and that is when I realized it started working again. The moral to this and possibly yours is put it in the down position and turn the knob until it stops. Next move the arm up slightly (holding it in position) and keep turning the wheel and should work and stop where you want it. Maybe I was just lucky but the same thing worked on my friends coach as well. Oh, when the wife came back she asked if I got it fixed and I said "dear, is there anything this man can't fix?"
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:09 PM   #4
MrG
Winnebago Camper

Location: at exit 308 on I-65 between Huntsville and Birmingham
If you push arm into side of seat while turning arm backwards it will release from chair. You can then unzip bottom and carefully start to remove the foam padding which contains the metal height adjustment assembly. Mine was cracked and rewelding it in correct position solved the problem. Then reassmble and reverse procedure to install on seat. Winnie also sells new metal assembly for I think about $60. Parts list on web shows item #.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:09 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Mr G: Thanks for that info, I will keep in mind.

Fun Time: You are the man, I tried what you said and it worked GREAT..... I can't believed it worked. YOU ARE THE MAN.... LOL

Jim O.
pameridan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:44 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Pameridian04: Lets just keep this little secret between us. Let the others tear the armrest apart when we can just sit back and have a cold one and let the wives fix it so we get all the credit....He he he. Glad you got it fixed.
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:36 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun time View Post
Your post really brought up a funny story for me personally. Mine did the same thing after owning the coach for one day so, I did what you did and removed the four screws and played around with it for a couple of hours trying to fix it. No luck. I got up to go get a cold one and when I was gone my wife went out the door and bumped the arm rest I was working on (it was in the up position but she knocked it to the down position). When I came back I started to flip it back up and that is when I realized it started working again. The moral to this and possibly yours is put it in the down position and turn the knob until it stops. Next move the arm up slightly (holding it in position) and keep turning the wheel and should work and stop where you want it. Maybe I was just lucky but the same thing worked on my friends coach as well. Oh, when the wife came back she asked if I got it fixed and I said "dear, is there anything this man can't fix?"
I've got the same story, I gave up trying to fix it, talked badly about the manufacturer, and low and behold, it started again. So, my suggestion is to sit back, relax and start bad mouthing the manufacturer until it starts working.
Indian Creek is offline   Reply With Quote