Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2006, 07:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

My 2006 Sightseer was at the dealer because of a leak in the bed room slide. He said they adjusted the gasket. I discovered today the slide is still leaking at the lower corners. This is my second 2006 Sightseer. The first one had the same problem which caused damage to the floor. The dealer agreed to take it back and replace it with this new one . I called Winnebago customer Relations and asked if they are having problems with their slides leaking and he said no. I read a post that Winnebago now has a new gasket that solves this problem. Does anyone have information about this new gasket and does work. I would appreciate any suggestions that would help solve this problem.

Thank You
Cappy
cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 07:18 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

My 2006 Sightseer was at the dealer because of a leak in the bed room slide. He said they adjusted the gasket. I discovered today the slide is still leaking at the lower corners. This is my second 2006 Sightseer. The first one had the same problem which caused damage to the floor. The dealer agreed to take it back and replace it with this new one . I called Winnebago customer Relations and asked if they are having problems with their slides leaking and he said no. I read a post that Winnebago now has a new gasket that solves this problem. Does anyone have information about this new gasket and does work. I would appreciate any suggestions that would help solve this problem.

Thank You
Cappy
Old 07-07-2006, 07:36 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

You will probably hear from others with more knowledge than I, but my understanding is that the redesigned gasket was put in place in the late '04 or early '05 model year.

I'll not do anything so stupid as say that I've not had any problems with the gaskets on our coach, but......!

It sounds like your dealer has done their part on your first coach, but I would suggest that you ask them to get the regional WI rep involved at this time. Hopefully between the dealer, the regional rep and Owner Relations they can come up with a cure for your problem.

Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress.

Chris

Murfreesboro TN
The Clock Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 02:01 AM   #4
Jim
Winnebago Owner

i found that the lower corners of the slideout itself had a gap and the water was entering there..do a search on slide leak and see previous discussions..jim
Old 07-08-2006, 05:20 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

A leaking bedroom slide??? Impossible Whomever you talked to at Winnebago was not giving you the complete story, or they were referring specifically to your particular unit.

Winnie has had many, many problems with leaking bedroom slides on at least the S Body (Horizon/Vectra) coaches for 2004 and 2005 model years. Two months ago at the factory we had the new seal kit applied to our bedroom slide. So far so good with it (except in cloudbursts.)

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 12:58 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cappy:
I called Winnebago customer Relations and asked if they are having problems with their slides leaking and he said no. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We all know that every unit built and shipped by Winnebago is perfect!

Outside of a recall item, I'd be completely amazed if Winnebago customer relations EVER admitted to having ANY type of problem with their motorhomes!
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:25 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Freddy,
Winnebago does occasionally admit to a problem! We have a appointment to have our roof replaced at the factory later this year. They admitted that the roof was having a fibreblass problem and should be replaced.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:04 AM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DSouthw524:
Freddy,
Winnebago does occasionally admit to a problem! We have a appointment to have our roof replaced at the factory later this year. They admitted that the roof was having a fibreblass problem and should be replaced. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's reassuring! But, I'd wager that if I called them today to report a problem with my roof, and asked if they had reports of similar problems, they'd say no.
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:02 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I thought my first Sightseer leak was an isolated problem but to having the exact same problem with second one I am convinced that Winnebago is knowingly selling a defective product. They should step up to the plate and recall all models with this problem instead of denying the problem exists. Winnebago's reputation for manufacturing a quality product is in jeopardy.

Cappy