Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2020, 08:39 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Leaking - Level Best Kwikee Leveling System

I have a couple of jacks that have started to leak. My repair facility tried the trick of lubricating the shaft. It might have helped some. I understand this is somewhat of a problem and complicated as Kwikee has been sold a few times over the years. Does anyone know of facilities that have some expertise in working on these or other hydraulic lift systems. I'm in Michigan so locations in the mid-west would be a plus. Thanks!
Old 04-15-2020, 10:03 AM   #2
Site Team

Your not that far from Elkhart, Indiana - home of just about all RV makers and RV suppliers. Lippert (actually now it's called LCI) bought Kwikee and they have US headquarters there. If they can't do it, there would have to be half a dozen other places around that area that can help you out.

While going to Elkhart... have your slides adjusted and checked over. Get your RV's interior remodeled. Change out your sofa for theater seating. Get a new Paint Job. ETC, ETC, ETC. It's all RVs all the time in Elkhart, Indiana.

Oh, and the RV Hall of Fame and Museum is there too.

https://www.rvmhhalloffame.org/
Old 04-15-2020, 01:14 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

For a pretty straightforward item like a leaking jack, I would not drive far to get expert as it is more just a mechanical item to let the pressure off, unbolt one and bolt a new jack on. I would think most any RV dealer service could get it done pretty well. Obvious plus if they are a Lippert/LCI dealer, though.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kwikee, leak, leveling