Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2007, 07:21 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I know that this is not the place to post but I wanted to know if any of you winne owners purchased your unit from lazydays and if so what do you think of them? wife and I are still talking about getting a DP as we have for a while now but I am getting the bug to start look foreel I like the Tour and the Vectra units.

we have a 2000 Adventurer 35U right now that is great but as we are in our mid 40's and like using this unit as we do I think that the DP would give us more to enjoy.

we purchased this unit from campers inn in NH from a great sale person named Dale but they only have one vectra on there lot and no tour's so I am looking for input from others to help me try and get wife to get new unit.
I know if she sees one that she reelly likes she will go for it.

thanks
Mark
Old 07-08-2007, 07:21 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I know that this is not the place to post but I wanted to know if any of you winne owners purchased your unit from lazydays and if so what do you think of them? wife and I are still talking about getting a DP as we have for a while now but I am getting the bug to start look foreel I like the Tour and the Vectra units.

we have a 2000 Adventurer 35U right now that is great but as we are in our mid 40's and like using this unit as we do I think that the DP would give us more to enjoy.

we purchased this unit from campers inn in NH from a great sale person named Dale but they only have one vectra on there lot and no tour's so I am looking for input from others to help me try and get wife to get new unit.
I know if she sees one that she reelly likes she will go for it.

thanks
Mark
Old 07-08-2007, 08:38 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We tried dealing with them, a couple of times, but unless you are ready to lay down cash they don't seem to want to talk to you. I could never get a solid price from them.

However we bought our Itasca from Flagg RV in W Boyleston, MA and recieved a great price and great service. They beat our previous dealer's trade-in deal by 7000 not counting that an Adventuer with the with the same options was 2000 less. (former dealer sold Winnies)
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:58 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

HI Mark,

My only experiences with them are: 1. A few years back, while traveling through Florida, we needed service and gave them a call. The service department said that we had not purchased our coach from them and they would not service it. 2. We called about them purchasing our 1 year old motorhome after we had a medical issue, but we were told they were not buying anything at any price. 3. We made an offer on a coach through their web site and did not receive a reply back.

I am not a fan! Good luck with the new coach.

John
bellsharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:49 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

We purchased a 2006 Adventurer from them in late November 2005. Our salesman did not know much about the rigs, and pretty much left us alone. However, we had done our homework, and we knew exactly what we wanted, including the price. (about 25% off msrp). We made a firm (lowball) offer for an order out rig. They accepted. After we made our order, Winnebago offered a $2,ooo rebate. The salesman checked with Winnebago, and they agreed to honor the rebate (they did not have to).

When the rig arrived the Lazy Days "closer" refused to honor the rebate, saying that it had "expired". Our salesman's face turned red,. Then he brought in a VP. He chewed out the "closer", saying that Lazy Days does not do business that way. We got the rebate.

Then we spent three days in their campsite at their expense while we checked the rig out. Our convection oven did not work. They did not have one in stock, so they cannibalized one from another rig. They also fixed a number of minor items that I cannot remember. After that we have had no big problems with the rig (however the showerhead slouches).

In summary, they treated us well and honorably. I certainly will buy from them again. However, you should do your homework first.

Arne

PS.
We are now in lot 18 with the 365's at the GNR, stop buy if you want more info.

https://www.irv2.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=664&cat=2
ARNE-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:46 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

We looked around with some friends who were interested in dealing. But sale person did not think so and dumped them.

Have some other friends who bought there. They say you get a great deal but poor service. Guess they are too big to take care of what they sell.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:43 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

We purchased our Vectra from Lazy days and were very satisfied with the deal and sales department. We were not happy with the service department.

In hindsight we should have bought it and immediately made an appointment to take it directly to the factory for fixes of this and that. Isn't that crazy that a new coach would have to go back to the factory to get repaired??

We had some cabinet work done and were very satisfied with lazy days cabinet shop.

If you do purchase from them only give them a deposit and do not sign the final papers until all discrepencies have been repaired to YOUR satisfaction. The work will get done quicker if they are waiting for your money.

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:19 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

We ordered our coach from them and got our requested 25% off sticker price. No surprises at closing (no bogus fees.) I would have no hesitation buying from them again.

Your service experience could range from good to mediocre - just depends on your problem and the quality of work from the individual tech.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:52 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I also purchase our Adventure from them. We had a trade that they gave us NADA wholesale for, and 30% off the new RV. We also spent two days on their lot at their expense, breakfast and lunch included. Great sales team and no hidden fees at closing. Just make sure you find all defects and request repair before closing the sale. I waited until after the sale on a few items and they stated that I would have to make an appointment to complete the items. Next available appointment was a month later.

2004 Winnebago Adventure 37B
Charles99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:45 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

We bought our coach from Lazy Days and like John Canfield requested/paid MSRP minus 25%. Do not close the deal until you are sure that all systems meet your satisfaction. You will not be able to get warranty service at most other dealers.

Maint/repair can be spotty with them. They have a very nice facility but the actual repairs are a function of the Tech's knowledge/ability. If in for repairs do not pay or leave the lot until all repairs are thoroughly inspected by you and meet your satisfaction (a road test may even be in order).
Really aggravating to get down the road and the same problem rears its ugly head and you are told "sorry we are booked for the next 38 days".

07 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:58 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

We bought our Itasca from them when we were staying down in FL. The deal was OK but we had to rush because of my work schedule. We missed some things at PDI that we discovered on the way home from the dealer. Even though we called then as soon as we got home they never made good on those issues.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:24 PM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bellsharbor:
We made an offer on a coach through their web site and did not receive a reply back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

John;

Don't you just hate businesses that have websites and offer Internet services (information requests, email tech support, etc.) but then NEVER respond to those Internet-based requests?

I've even called businesses and told them if they don't want to answer or respond to email, then don't put an email address in their website in the first place.

I can understand that maybe they are too busy to respond, but I'm too busy to wait for a reply that never comes...
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:46 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

The dealer we bought our MH through had an internet site, and the dealer rep that looks after the 'net stuff responded very quickly with a great deal--so great we bought the RV soon after.

UNFORTUNATELY...

we found out the hard way that their service dept. was the exact opposite. Lousy service, "appointments" that meant nothing, false information, etc. Sigh!

Jeep Wrangler
Gary the Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:55 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

We purchased our Vectra from Lazydays by email. We sent the model and options we wanted to five different dealers. Lazydays, Matt Sibbick, Cell 813-355-6778 or toll free at 800-626-7800, Ext. 4784 gave us the best deal. Matt was always the first to respond to any email questions that we had. Matt has been right there when I needed his help, even after the sale. I would contact Matt for my next RV and I would recommend him to anyone. I found him to be completely honest and up front with us.
wrollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:33 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

I certainly concur with the complaint about companies having web sites which encourage "Contact us", then when you do, you receive no response. If I do not receive a reply on the second attempt, that company is written off permanently. I have asked management personally in the past, why they do not respond to e-mail. Generally they act surprised and give some mindless reply.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:38 AM   #16
Winnebago Master

We were at LD twice during our winter FL stay. I negotiated with them as a cash buyer on a factory order. Meyers in Hamburg, NY ended up beating LD by $13,000. I faxed our build sheet to many dealers and then did phone negotiations. LD still calls me about once a year and they have sent me a couple $25 gift certificates for Cracker Barrel.

I buy for price. I don't care about the selling dealers service. We've had all our service done while traveling under Winnebago's Trip Interruption policy. Winnebago overnights the parts and the dealer has to do the repairs because we're sleeping in their parking lot!

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:21 AM   #17
Winnie-Wise

We purchased our used 2002 coach from LD. Was very satisfied with our experience. Salesman really treated us good. LD replaced some items on the coach before putting it up for sale. They repaired a couple of things that I found during PDI. Nothing major.
The one thing you need to do is a thorough PDI on a used coach as they will make repairs immediately at their facility. If a problem is found, as with our sofa bed, after we got home, it was cheaper to have done here than to drive back to Tampa.
Overall, I would rate LD very good.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:04 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Would you please elaborate on the Winnebago trip interruption plan.

Nick, Journey '01
Old 07-11-2007, 04:52 PM   #19
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by traveler of california:
Would you please elaborate on the Winnebago trip interruption plan.

Nick, Journey '01 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See your warranty info. Quoting Winnebago below:

Service Administration
(800)-537-1885
For inquiries related to your current vehicle, service, or dealer inquires, please have the following information ready when making your call:
"¢ Complete 12 digit serial number
"¢ Date of purchase
"¢ Selling dealers name

Note: If you own one of our motor homes and have a question about it, we encourage you to contact us by phone. We find phone communication allows us to more quickly resolve your issue.

Committed to Service:
We back our motor homes with the best service after the sale in the industry.
"¢ 12-month/15,00-mile basic limited warranty
"¢ 36-month/36,000-mile warranty on structure
"¢ Standard 10-year limited parts and labor roof warranty
"¢ Complimentary 24-hour roadside assistance program
"¢ TripSaver emergency warranty parts shipments &lt;--------------&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;
"¢ National dealer service network

[Source: http://www.winnebagoind.com/resources/service/ ]
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:04 AM   #20
Winnebago Master

Purchase yes service "NO".

Over the past year they have not once been ready for us to drop off or pickup the coach for service and the coach always had an additional item that they broke or soiled while servicing the coach then it had when it went in. When we originally picked it up they broke the awning while detailing it and we found out later that they had punched a 3/8" hole in the roof with their pressure washer and did not fix it afterwards. I fixed this myself after a heavy downpour dumped water on us inside the coach.

Part of the sales deal was replacement of an upper cabinet end panel which had the veneer pealed off when they removed some hooks that the previous owner had installed. For about 8 months the story from the service department to both myself and the salesman was that they knew about it, it was ordered and would call us when it came in. Two months ago during a follow-up call I got "What end panel? We don't know anything about any end panel" from the service advisor. Only after I fowarded to them the original photos that they themselves had taken of the defective end panel and mentioned that I could send them all the previous emails mentioning the end panel, did their memmories return and they are now claiming to have re-ordered the end panel. It has now been over a year and I still don't have an end panel.

The sales staff or a good number of them are just fine and they will cut you a good deal. The service department and the service advisors are another story. The advisor that I got was the least mechanically capable person that I have ever met serving in this capacity and was not able to correctly relay to the mechanics the details about a problem correctly.

For example: The outside blower on the basement air unit is stuck and won't turn. The bearings squealed just before it seized. Have the outside blower replaced and check out the relays and starting capacitor for damage while you are at it.

She had them check out the dash AC which they said was working fine so they just topped it off to be sure.

I had to go back again and again and again....

Now that the warrenty from them and on their work is over I will use my extended warrenty at another shop or with a mobile service tech instead. It will be only as a last resort that that I will allow my coach to go back there for service. If the cabinet end panel ever comes in I will install it myself.