Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2010, 05:58 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Kwikee level best

Do any of you know how to contact Kwikee direct. Each time I get a phone number, they say that they only talk to vendors.
allsufan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:02 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I don't think you can. I sure couldn't get through to anyone. After Actuant bought them their customer service went from good to non-existent. A dealer I spoke with said he couldn't get them to return calls either.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:25 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We just returned from the WIT Rally and there was a Kwikee rep there. He suggested that we email him at the address on the "contact" us link. We did and it wouldn't go through so we sent it to [email protected] We had a prompt response. I would suggest that you 1) tell them exactly what you need and 2) ask them to forward it to tech support as that link doesn't seem to work! We were told at the rally that they would be improving the website and also looking into the possibility of allowing direct sales to the consumer. The problem is that they are a small company and don't have a staff sufficient to handle the huge number of inqueries they get every day. We wanted to purchase new battery trays and rollers. Our dealer was able to get the rollers for us, but said the trays weren't available. The rep had us measure the inside and outside measurements and send them so that they could match the tray.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:49 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by David and Fran View Post
We just returned from the WIT Rally and there was a Kwikee rep there. He suggested that we email him at the address on the "contact" us link. We did and it wouldn't go through so we sent it to [email protected] We had a prompt response. I would suggest that you 1) tell them exactly what you need and 2) ask them to forward it to tech support as that link doesn't seem to work! We were told at the rally that they would be improving the website and also looking into the possibility of allowing direct sales to the consumer. The problem is that they are a small company and don't have a staff sufficient to handle the huge number of inqueries they get every day. We wanted to purchase new battery trays and rollers. Our dealer was able to get the rollers for us, but said the trays weren't available. The rep had us measure the inside and outside measurements and send them so that they could match the tray.
Thanks for the info. My motorhome is parked at a campground near the gulf with the jacks down and I am unable to get them up.
allsufan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:01 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thank you, this information is great and very much appreciated.
Please keep us posted on any further information that becomes available.
Thanks again!
millsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:24 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Call Winnebago. They are your vendor. Push the right buttons and talk to a technician. Explain that you are "stranded," and can he help get your jacks up. I think you will find them helpful. I hope so.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:08 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Had a similar problem with my Winnebago Voyage which had the same jacks. I had to pull the controller out and disconnect the connector with the Red and Black power wire in it and leave it disconnected for a minunte. Re connected the connector and everything started working. While parked my chassis battery had discharged enough to cause the controller to lock up. When the battery was charged up it remained locked up until I pulled the power connector and did a hard reset. Also installed a Trick_L_Start to prevent a reoccurence. Good Luck
ROMAD is offline   Reply With Quote