Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-25-2021, 07:53 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Kitchen Window

Having problem opening window... told I needed to replace entire window($$$$$)... could the problem just be the crank assembly... would appreciate any help... this window is the frameless kind.

Thanks!
Wingrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 10:30 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingrider View Post
Having problem opening window... told I needed to replace entire window($$$$$)... could the problem just be the crank assembly... would appreciate any help... this window is the frameless kind.

Thanks!
In your house? In the garden shed? Or in your RV? And what RV would that be? What year? What model? What kind of crank windows do you have? So many questions we have.

Sorry, for the glib response. It's a poor attempt at humor. It's just such an important part of the question to know what year and model RV you are asking about.

One easy thing to do is to click on "User CP" in the menubar top right and then click on "Edit Signature" and but your model, year and floor plan in your signature. Then you'll never have to list those details again as they'll show up on every post.
Old 07-25-2021, 10:52 AM   #3
Site Team

I looked up your model and see in another thread you mentioned that it's a 2016 Aspect 27K. Then I watched a video touring that model and see what kind of crank out windows you have.

I have the same style - I've not ever had a problem with the window except for on one occasion. Do you crank and the bottom portion doesn't open and the crank handle stops and it feels like something is holding the window closed?

We have had this on two windows. In both cases there was too much caulking around the inner window frame and the window was stuck to the caulking. All I had to do was look around the outside and slide a thin putty knife or similar tool between the window and the lower window frame.

This losened the adhesive in the caulk from holding the window closed. And the window, with some help finally opened.

After I got it to open I cleaned more caulking off of the inside window glass and inner frame and even put a little vasoline on the window at the bottom to keep any remaining caulking from sticking to the window.

I have no idea if this is like the issue you have or not - but I thought I'd offer it just in case.
Old 09-10-2022, 11:42 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

2016 Aspect 27K Kitchen Window problem

I have a 2016 Aspect 27K... the lower part of the kitchen window has dropped down...brought RV to a shop and they tried to glue it back so that the window would open... it didn't hold and the lower part has dropped down again... any suggestions on what to use to attach it? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!
Wingrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window