Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2015, 02:42 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Keyless Entry System with Cargo Locks Remote Replacement - FOUND!

For those of you who have a Keyless Entry System with Cargo Locks in your Winnebago/Itasca made by SCS/Frigette take note. If you have one or more remotes, like we do, that no longer work, or more likely, "eat" batteries there is hope

I've found an inexpensive replacement Remote for the one used in our 2006 ITASCA Meridian (FCC ID G571TX318) that WORKS (once you reprogram your existing receiver - simple to do). Best news is that it only costs $39.99 + S/H, with a 2 Yr Warranty, from Remotes and Keys (Keyless Entry Remotes, Car Remote Replacements, Key Fobs, Keys, &more! Part # 4687E). It is a "Clone of Factory Keyless Entry Remote [clone of FCC: G57ITX318, Honda: 2-91309-401-0]".

The URL for the exact P/N I used is: https://www.remotesandkeys.com/Produ...4687E&CartID=1

If the FCC ID on your remote MATCHES EXACTLY (FCC ID G571TX318) this one works just fine. If you have a different FCC ID shown on the remote "fob" there is a place on this web page to input the ID (e.g. G571TX318) to hopefully find a compatible remote.

It is also available from Remotes Unlimited, PN 317-2667, at a slightly higher price and with only a 90 day warranty. RemotesUnlimited.com

[NOTE, I'm not associated with either of these entities.]

Hope this is of some help to someone.
2BuckeyeHams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 03:13 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

How are the buttons assigned? Does the HATCH button unlock the compartments? Does the LOCK button lock everything? How about the PANIC button--does that do anything?

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 09:02 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
How are the buttons assigned? Does the HATCH button unlock the compartments? Does the LOCK button lock everything? How about the PANIC button--does that do anything?
The buttons are assigned automatically by the receiver. Gather all the remotes to be programmed and locate the receiver (mine was under the dash cover) and punch thru the cover of the reset button (but don't press the reset just yet).

The process is as follows. Turn the Ignition ON & OFF. Press & HOLD the receiver square (yellow) reset button for 4 seconds then release it. You'll hear a clicking sound (relay to flash the marker lights). Press and release the LOCK button (only) on the first remote once. Then Press and release the LOCK button (only) on the first remote a second time. Repeat these two steps for the second remote (DO NOT PRESS ANY OTHER BUTTONS WHILE PROGRAMMING THE RECEIVER). Turn the Ignition ON & OFF. You're done. Of course verify that each remote has been "learned" by using all the buttons on both remotes.

The New Remote's Lock & Unlock buttons will operate the entry door. The Hatch and Alarm buttons operate the Cargo Lock & Unlock respectively. What's nice about this replacement remote is that it has an LED. So you'll have an indication when the battery (A23) needs to be replaced.

I have a copy of the SCS/Frigette Owner's Manual and Operating Instructions (its just over the limit to upload here 3.9M). Send me an email and I'll send you a copy in PDF.
2BuckeyeHams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 09:43 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Very interesting post. Please see your Private Message. They may help me to eliminate the erratic operation.
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:35 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Some large coaches will have the keyless control module inside the electrical bay, behind the circuit breaker panel located in the driver side basement compartment, whereas on a Itasca Ellipse 42QD the module is located behind the switch panel at the copilot seat inside the coach cab. It is like hunting for easter eggs...

Chris & Deb - North Venice, FL - 2014 Itasca Ellipse 42QD - Toad: 2014 Jeep Rubicon
ChrisKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:53 PM   #6
Winnebago TT

Has anyone found a suitable replacement for the outdoor keypad?
ScottLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:41 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Location: If something hasn't broken on your RV, it is about to.
Thank you 2BuckeyeHams for your very informative information. I have a 2005 Winnebago Journey 36G and your post was very helpful for me! Our one remaining remote went through the wash and was "washed out".

I purchased replacement remotes from your recommended supplier and followed your posted instructions for activation of the remotes. Your instructions were perfect and I had the remotes activated in less than 5 minutes. Thank you again.

I now have two working remotes to put through the wash!!!!!

Suncircles
Suncircles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 11:31 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Suncircles,

Where was the receiver located on your 36G? I have a 2006 Journey and need to reprogram one of mine also.
Flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:08 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Location: If something hasn't broken on your RV, it is about to.
Location of SCSI/Frigette in 2005 Journey 36G

My "black box" was located under the instrument panel cover on the far left front side. It had a bunch of wire harnesses running over it. It was covered with black paper with a circle printed in white ink. I pressed on the circle and tore through the paper to reveal a square yellow button underneath. I activated the programming process by pressing hard on the button for 4-5 sec before pressing the "lock" buttons on the remotes. The instructions on this forum were great!
Suncircles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:50 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Flyfshr,

I too have a 2006 Journey. Once you locate that black box can you post a pix of its location?

Thanks, Dan
Old 04-04-2015, 08:58 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Pelledan,

I ordered replacement key FOB's yesterday, so when I get them and do the programming and post a picture of it. I don't know how long it will take to get them.
Flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:13 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Thanks Flyfsher, but I'm also a tad confused. I took a look at the website and the remote that the OP used has lock and unlock buttons that I assume would operate the main door. Do the hatch and panic buttons lock and unlock the compartment doors?

Thanks Dan
Old 04-04-2015, 11:23 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelledan View Post
Thanks Flyfsher, but I'm also a tad confused. I took a look at the website and the remote that the OP used has lock and unlock buttons that I assume would operate the main door. Do the hatch and panic buttons lock and unlock the compartment doors?

Thanks Dan
See post #3 earlier in this thread.

Old 04-04-2015, 12:39 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Duh!
Thanks Cbeierl, evidently my excitement interfered with my eyesight.

Dan
Old 05-20-2015, 06:47 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BuckeyeHams View Post
For those of you who have a Keyless Entry System with Cargo Locks in your Winnebago/Itasca made by SCS/Frigette take note. If you have one or more remotes, like we do, that no longer work, or more likely, "eat" batteries there is hope

I've found an inexpensive replacement Remote for the one used in our 2006 ITASCA Meridian (FCC ID G571TX318) that WORKS (once you reprogram your existing receiver - simple to do). Best news is that it only costs $39.99 + S/H, with a 2 Yr Warranty, from Remotes and Keys (Keyless Entry Remotes, Car Remote Replacements, Key Fobs, Keys, &more! Part # 4687E). It is a "Clone of Factory Keyless Entry Remote [clone of FCC: G57ITX318, Honda: 2-91309-401-0]".

The URL for the exact P/N I used is: https://www.remotesandkeys.com/Produ...4687E&CartID=1

If the FCC ID on your remote MATCHES EXACTLY (FCC ID G571TX318) this one works just fine. If you have a different FCC ID shown on the remote "fob" there is a place on this web page to input the ID (e.g. G571TX318) to hopefully find a compatible remote.

It is also available from Remotes Unlimited, PN 317-2667, at a slightly higher price and with only a 90 day warranty. RemotesUnlimited.com

[NOTE, I'm not associated with either of these entities.]

Hope this is of some help to someone.
If you do not have a remote to obtain the fcc id. Would it be located elsewhere?
Why not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:50 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Looking for alternate location for fob id number

Where else would the FCC ID be located other than the remote?
I have no remotes.
Winn wants me to replace entire system
Old 05-20-2015, 10:41 AM   #17
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BuckeyeHams View Post
The buttons are assigned automatically by the receiver. ...
The New Remote's Lock & Unlock buttons will operate the entry door. The Hatch and Alarm buttons operate the Cargo Lock & Unlock respectively.... .
Just fyi, I found that the Hatch and Alarm buttons operate the Cargo Unlock & Lock, respectively, rather than the other way around.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:44 AM   #18
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why not View Post
Where else would the FCC ID be located other than the remote?
I have no remotes.
Winn wants me to replace entire system
I would expect that the ID would be somewhere in the control box, but I haven't looked for it myself. What year is your coach? If it's a 2004 to 2006 I would bet it's the same ID as indicated by the OP for his 2006 (and also for my 2005).

Old 05-20-2015, 12:09 PM   #19
Winnebago Camper

Mine is an 05 model 36P, I went ahead and ordered. It's definitely worth the try. Especially not having to replace entire unit if all works out. Fingers crossed.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:07 PM   #20
Winnebago Master

Btw, I purchased two of these Remocon remotes on eBay in January 2015 from seller 'yourkeylessremote' for $35.90 w/free shipping. They claim a 'lifetime warranty', but that wasn't a factor one way or the other for me. They seem to work great so far...

Tags
replace, replacement