Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2008, 03:39 PM   #1
PDI

I have a 2004 Chieftain and I'm locked out of it. I just got it from a dealer. I was insdie and my friend hit the lock button by the door. The doors locked and the remote will not unlock the doors and the buttons on the drivers door and side entry door will not unlock the doors. We had to wait an hour for someone to come over and set up a ladder so we could climb out the window. I looked up the service tip and it stated we had to program the remote I don't know where the module is. The keys will not work the locks from the outside. The lights do light when I hit the remote buttom.
PDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:39 PM   #2
PDI

I have a 2004 Chieftain and I'm locked out of it. I just got it from a dealer. I was insdie and my friend hit the lock button by the door. The doors locked and the remote will not unlock the doors and the buttons on the drivers door and side entry door will not unlock the doors. We had to wait an hour for someone to come over and set up a ladder so we could climb out the window. I looked up the service tip and it stated we had to program the remote I don't know where the module is. The keys will not work the locks from the outside. The lights do light when I hit the remote buttom.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

PDI;

It sounds to me like you have more than one problem. You should be able to manually unlock your side entry door. I have 2 locks on my side door which I can manually unlock. I have 2 transmitters & one was bad. I replaced and programed it and everything works OK now. My button on the door post also locks & unlocks both the side & driver door at the same time.

My Chieftain is a 2003 and I am not sure what the difference is?. We have another member on this site by the name of Duner. He has a 2004 Chieftain and I am sure he would be willing to answer any questions that relate to a 2004. Also if you would like some Winnebago Karma be sure to ask.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:48 AM   #4
PDI

Don where is the Module that has the button you puch to reprogram the remote?
Old 08-11-2008, 03:55 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PDI:
Don where is the Module that has the button you punch to reprogram the remote? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine is under the dash in front of the passenger seat. Remove the top cover.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:35 PM   #6
PDI

Well I talked the service people in Iowa. I had 12 volts going to the door switch all the time, not just when I pushed the remote button. He said to unplug the security box under the dash. I removed the elect switch attached to the lock so I could use the key to open the door and lock it. It felt like it is froze in place and will not move back and forth. I guess a few things are broke. I did try to reprogram the buttons, it didn't matter when I did.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:46 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

I pulled my dash cover and the security box is on the right side. I noticed that the "reprogramming switch" is under the label where they have a dotted line circle thatyou would have to cut out to access the pushbutton switch. Also, if you take out the 4 screws holding the module down, you'll find a label that lists all the connector functions. That would help in troubleshooting the problem.

Unplugging the module might just reset the circuitry if it is locked up.

When my coach was brand new,I did have some type of mechanical problem with the keyless solenoid not fully engaging in the entry door. Other than that, it has worked flawlessly for 4.5 years.

Good luck,
Old 08-12-2008, 09:02 AM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

We were watching TV in a campground in ARK . A guy pulls up next door in Ford truck and locks his truck with the remote. He also locked our motorhome. Now we keep and extra remote in the car.
dfdretired is offline   Reply With Quote