Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2021, 12:48 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Journey Bedroom slide

The hydraulic slide keeps moving out about 1 inch, more at the rear than the front. The MH is just sitting in storage, I pull it in but the next time I check it, it's moved back out. Any ideas how to fix it?
2006 36 ft. Journey
Clary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 05:55 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

It is the "extend" solenoid. Our 2005 journey did the same thing. Ordered a new one from hwh and then sent the defective one to them to have it rebuilt for a spare since there are several of the same solenoids in the hwh system.
Old 06-15-2021, 12:27 PM   #3

Neub's answer sounds right and he should know based on similar experiences.

I would also/first check to see if the 5/8" cap on top of your Manifold "A" is not leaking?

And I would check the fluid level in in your reservoir to verify it's not low, which would indicate a leak elsewhere in your system.

The HWH rule of thumb, when it comes to "creep," suggests the solenoid valve is not holding the pressure.

Below is a diagram I added to the explanation on "creep" from HWH.

OP: Which slide is popping out 1" after it's closed?

...And I just pulled this video out of my HWH Library about the check valve being this owner's problem and he says in the video his bedroom slide would extend 1-1/2" after he stored it. So apparently it's not always the extend solenoid... if your motor is "screaming" or winding down after you release the button, which should like another symptom worth asking about.

I.e., maybe a screaming motor is indicative of a check valve problem... which is located under the 5/8" caps.

Check this out:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1 Slideout Valves - Under Front Steps 2.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	179624   Click image for larger version

Name:	1 HWH Slide -Creep Diagnosis.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	178.5 KB
ID:	179626  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Check Valve Seal Leak Fix.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	216.7 KB
ID:	179627   Click image for larger version

Name:	HWH Cap & CheckValve + 604 O-ring.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	179628  

imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 12:05 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the information on my slide problem. I happened to see a different blog that suggested extending & retracting the slide about 6 times, I tried it and then on the last retract I held the switch for about 4-5 seconds. The slide now stays in (2 days).
Thanks again Clary
Clary is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey, slide