Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-05-2010, 10:35 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

jet air question

I have a 1993 Winnebago Vectra 33RQ, What just happened is that my air suspension does not work even in manual mode, Usually i will get in and start the coach and a green light on the dash would go on Then I would hear the pump going. When i put it in manual adjustment the red light comes on so I do not move the coach in that position. The rear looks low (grass skirt on back touches ground. so does one of the flaps. now the way I have parked it, is in a little of a down hill as the shape of my driveway. I thought that would be the cause but when manually operated I still do not hear the pump nor does it raise. Where would that inline fuse be? I have read it to be in the front or where batteries are. Is the adjustment under the coach? is there also the plastic box in the driver side foot well be of some relation? Any Help would be appreciated as to trouble shooting this. I have read everything in here on this with no solutions. I wish others that had problems with jet air systems would finish their threads so we would have an end result.

Thanks

Ron
nomadjshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:44 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Bad Ground from mount to pump.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:52 PM   #3
iRV2 Marketing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadjshappy View Post
Bad Ground from mount to pump.
The biggest point of failure in our 12 volt systems is the lack of a secure ground.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:16 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Is there a place I could find the location of the ground? I have the same problem on a 92 but I haven't really gotten under there to look around. That is my plan over the weekend.
aaryque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:12 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaryque View Post
Is there a place I could find the location of the ground? I have the same problem on a 92 but I haven't really gotten under there to look around. That is my plan over the weekend.

Hello aaryque, Did it work and all of a sudden not? do you here your pump running at all? where most of the problems happen from what I gathered from my research and found my problem was where my compressor pump is located, (I do not know what type of MH you have?) the motor is grounded to mount and you have a selenoid just to the right, that whole area gets full of crap from the road and corrodes, just clean all connections really simple, if that does not work there is a solenoid right there very cheap part buy an extra. will save you one day because it is just a quick swap. if you have a leak in a bag or line, the compressor will run more often and be hard on the solenoid. I had learned this from a gentleman in here that was a wealth of information. I just got my unit last fall, but have been right through it, Very simple RV;s, I will be pulling my interior this month an redoing it up to date. Where are you located? Please finish the thread for others so we can see what the result was. that is what I find annoying in here is members fix there problem and forget to enter results.

Thanks

Ron
Old 04-12-2011, 06:07 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 92 Elante.

The compressor works because the right side goes up every time. I can do it in manual mode or automatic mode. The left side was raising when I first bought it a couple months ago but now it doesn't do anything.

I don't know where I would listen to see if the valve is opening or however it works to see if there is a noise I can hear on the right that I can't hear on the left just yet.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I didn't get this email sooner.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:03 PM   #7

On our 1993 vectra with jet air we allways carryed a couple solinoids with I got to were i could switch it out in about 10 minutes. It sits up behind the Left rear duel and gets a lot of dirt and water in it causing it to fail.. Put in a new soleniod;; ours was a once a year thing;;
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:28 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Hello Bachler how are you doing? Hope you are well, aaryque Bachler was the gentleman that actually explained this to me, but since then I have been under there and have done my homework, The noise you here on manual now on one side is it the pump?? That would be on one side only. If one side is raising there can be only two things that can be wrong, 1) the bags could have a leak. 2) you have a bad air line. You have an airtank right beside your pump at the back and it will have a valve stem sticking out just like your tire stem. you can check your pressure there to see once the pump is running and then shuts off how long that holds air and what presurre it is at that time. from there you will see an air line (s) that comes from that and goes to the bags, Be very carefull put jack stands as I did and run soapy water at all the connections, I had a leak on my pump side. before doing this make sure you pump is working. I do not know what your tank pressure should be? but you can use a compressor to boost the tank and check the lines to not over work your pump. Bachler do you still have the solenoids from you vectra? I would like to get them off you, just to have as I am sure I will have the same problem as you did. Overall the jet air system is fairly an easy system, if you take it to a stealership be careful because they will swap out parts and charge you and not tell you it was just a three dollar part. PM me I have the Jet air sevice schematics some where, I think I actually got them from Bachler lol. Sorry for rambling but start with the pump and solenoid to make sure they run and the tank is getting air. then go to lines, then to bags. The most important thing is making your foundation of your home solid!! drivetrain,Tires, suspension.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:10 AM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Now that was very helpful. I would love to get the schematics if for nothing else but to have an idea how they work so I can figure it out. I will definitely look at that this weekend and update you next week.

I really haven't spent a lot of time looking and this post gave me some confidence to get into it, but what am I looking for? All I have really seen is a square steel box about the size of 2 packs of cigarettes side by side. Again though, I haven't looked a lot so I will look and update with real info if you don't know something else already.

Just the couple responses so far have made me feel like this is no longer a catastrophic event and for that, I am grateful.

ERic
Old 04-14-2011, 04:15 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Eric, as long as you are happy and excited about you new home from home, they are like boats on wheels if you are handy and do not mind doing the everyday maintenace it can be very inexpensive. But as I said early do not cheap out on the chasis, keep that foundation mint and safe. no bubblegum, you can live without aircon., shower water stove ect, but no fun in the middle of nowhere on the side of the road, or at a campground wondering how you are going to get hm sunday, Mine goes to the shop next week to be gone over front to back, And I have a pretty good shop, But I am cheap, lol and would say that can wait, when I should not, I am changing All Brakes and tires, Most important saftey first, Then go over my suspension, then motor, I will be doing my interior this summer, as I have my upgrades all planned on the cheap, but amazing. PM me and get me your email and I will get you the jet air manual.

Ron
Nomadjshappy