Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-24-2011, 04:24 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Jacks won't retract

Vectra 40WD

My HWH 325 Serirs Leveling Jacks want retract.

I am at a campground.

My Good Sam road service is sending someone out tomorrow. they say the jacks will havr to be removed so I can drive it to the repair facilkity Camping world.

Has anyone had this problem and what can I expect? Sounds odd to me.

Thanks.

Curtis
tannercurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:33 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

When you say they won't retract, what procedure are you using?
You've done it before and they worked??
Mine are spring loaded, hydraulic, I can if needed release a little pressure and the spring will pull them up.
Have you checked the fuse and the plug in where they get power? mine is under the dash.
You have 4 jacks, did they mean all 4 will have to be taken off?
Dos'nt sound right to me.
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:00 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

HWH jack use springs to retract them. When this happened to me, the tech used the bleed valve on the offending jack to release the presure and retract the jack. Should be no need to take them off the coach.
Outbumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:58 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

As the springs bring the jacks up, you should be able to open the bleed valve on the solenoid, one on each jack, and that will allow the fluid to come back into the tank.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:36 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Jacks

You may just have a sticking shuttle valve, I wouild call HWH in the morning, they can tell you how to get your jacks up. My pump with the solenoids and valves are located under my steps, all I had to do is loosen one of the lines and it releases pressure on the shuttle valve and the jacks will come up. I tried the handles on the solenoids and the jacks would not release. I called HWH and was told how to do it, some Camping worlds sell the new valves. It is a lot cheaper than removing the jacks. A little trash gets in the valve and they stick. Not very expensive, I think less than $15, and easy to replace.
Billy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:38 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I agree with Billy S had a similar thing happen on my 2003 Adventurer HWH customer service are great at helping you, the other thing my tech found after the jacks were retracted was a fuse that was located by the main valve under the coach had blown he replaced that and everything worked normal hope this helps
Old 07-25-2011, 07:52 AM   #7

AS stated in prior posts; HWH used spring return on ther jacks, WE have had problems with ours, Possably the same ones as the ones on your coach. I had to posh the down/auto position 3 times ant then the travel. After a time they Came to the travel position.Up in Alaska At Whitehorse The Little motor on the HYD> pump burnt out.(another story) HWH sent one Up to Dawson City To the campground where we were staying, It was A 25 minute Job I switched Moters.. .. My advice would be th call HWH direct And talk to one of there Techitions, They are extreamly helpfull And will save you money in must cases; life is good;
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:27 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Here is a link to the service manual for your jacks. There is troubleshooting information. http://www.hwh.com/ml33832.pdf
srydve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:04 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Tannercurtis,

Does the panel light up indicating power to the unit? The previous posts are correct about checking the fuses common to the system. I did that on my 2002 Adventurer and they all checked good. I worked for several hours gaining access to the HWH componets and talked to the HWH Techs to no avail. I then noticed that the drivers window along with the mirrors,defrost fans, side mirrors and more didn't work. I went to the electrical schematic and was surprised to find how many systems on the RV were tied into the HWH system. Bottom line is I found the fuse to the radio was blown on the engine side. Everything worked after the fuse was replaced. Good luck. Jerry
kstateaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:47 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I carry a 6 foot pipe just for this. Release the wing valve on the pump and you can push it up .
Old 07-31-2011, 07:46 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Just wondering what Tannercurtis found out on his jacks? Has anyone seen anything on his problem?
Billy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:35 PM   #12
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 2002 Rexhall. Got it in 2009. Have HWH jacks and hydraulic lines. When I got the unit saw that it was leaking fluid. Went to a HWH dealer and he said they had a recall on the lines. What was put in were to small. So off to Iowa I went. They replaced the lines. Now I was haveing trouble with my jacks pulling up. The service person told me that HWH had imported there steel pipe that the use to make tha jacks out off. They found that the steel round pipe would ovel out. Doing this they would jam and not retrack. They replaced my lines free but I had to pay for the jacks. They just said they would not correct them even though they knew the problem. There were a few MH there getting jacks.
bigd42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks