Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-13-2008, 03:37 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2007 Itasca Sunrise 35L, and two days ago picked it up from the dealer where it was receiving minor work and annual NYS inspection. Late yesterday, I attempted to put the jacks down to level it so I could put out the slides and discovered that there was no power to the controls. Tried all 3 locations for the jacks controls and nothing worked. Too late to call the dealer or Kwikee so began search for fuse and was not able to locate either fuse or breaker for the jacks.

After reading the owners manual, I unplugged the wiring harness and after waiting awhile, plugged everything back together with still no power (nothing lights up). If anyone knows where the fuse for the jacks is located I would appreciate their input.

Oldbanker
Oldbanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:37 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2007 Itasca Sunrise 35L, and two days ago picked it up from the dealer where it was receiving minor work and annual NYS inspection. Late yesterday, I attempted to put the jacks down to level it so I could put out the slides and discovered that there was no power to the controls. Tried all 3 locations for the jacks controls and nothing worked. Too late to call the dealer or Kwikee so began search for fuse and was not able to locate either fuse or breaker for the jacks.

After reading the owners manual, I unplugged the wiring harness and after waiting awhile, plugged everything back together with still no power (nothing lights up). If anyone knows where the fuse for the jacks is located I would appreciate their input.

Oldbanker
Old 01-13-2008, 05:14 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Ouch !!

I know it is probably very frustrating for these things to happen on an early Sunday morning and the phones are not answered.

I checked my Winnebago's owner manual and the Workhorse chassis manual to find out there is very little info about fuses associated with leveling jacks.

In this case I fault Winnebago for not including such information because they installed the leveling system.

Assuming you know the jacks worked before your dealer's service, I think there is a loose connection that may have been caused by the dealer.

Hopefully an answer will be posted here for you.
FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:13 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Have you looked at your online wiring diagram???
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/Wiring.htm

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:24 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the tip-------Have been reviewing the many electrical guides but so far can find nothing. Next step is to start removing panels and looking in engine compartment for more fuses or breakers that could have been tripped when they were working on the MH last week.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:52 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Breakers or fuses may be in your jack control box.

I have some in my HWH control box located behind the drivers side front wheel.

-Tom
Old 01-13-2008, 09:11 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

There are also some inline fuses at the jack/slide motor assembly, at least on mine.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:17 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

My dealer has a habit of turning the batteries off with the switch in side the door. you might check this out
Old 01-13-2008, 01:27 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Jacks run off the chassis battery in a Winnebago gas coach. If the engine starts the jacks are receiving power from the battery.

-Tom
Old 01-15-2008, 02:59 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

The solution was easy. Early Monday morning I called the dealership and told them the problem. After the service manager spoke to the mechanic, he called back and suggested that I put the driver's side slide out and look behind the front wheel to see if a wire was not connected. Found that the mechanic had unplugged two separate wiring harnesses while working on the slide and somehow forgot to plug them in when finished. Once I plugged them in, everything was fine except my disposition after spending numerous hours trying to fix the problem.

Called the dealership back to tell them that I "finished their work" and the jacks now would do what they were supposed to do. Also suggested that they speak to the mechanic about his error.

Today I received a written apology from the service manager along with a $50 gift certificate for Camping World. Guess that sometimes it pays to speak up when these things happen and not just assume that it is standard practice we are to accept without comment.

My thanks to all who offered suggestions to this problem. I hope that someday I may be of assistance to someone on this forum.

Oldbanker
Old 01-15-2008, 03:17 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Yep, it's the squeeky wheel that get's greased.

I'm glad to see there's still some dealers that understand what customer service is. Most dealers would just apologize and leave it at that. I think they deserve another chance.

Tom
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:04 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

Not only a squeaky wheel, but evidently the dealership cares about its performance and their customers...Stick with them, they have treated you very fairly..Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 03:38 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Yep, same thing here. I have a 36G journey. Mine sometime has no power to the system when its cold outside. appears to be a connectivity problem or controller proble at the HWH computer. Its intermitdent which makes it annoying since I have a difficult time being able to talk with HWH when it happens. I will have mine in the shop sometime this week (I hope) for them to take a look at it. I was told by HWH that I needed to locate their controller and let them know which LEDs were lit when this happens. Last time it was just too d*** cold to go out and remove the step (if that's where it is.) I guess I need to locate the HWH controller, find out how to remove the step in order to get to the controller and then try and find that blankety blank GRIMLEN and fix his butt.
jk_and_dog is offline   Reply With Quote