Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2018, 04:39 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Jacks go down but will not retract

We recently went on a trip and had the jack alarm come on qhile driving, the right feont was down maybe 1 inch. I manually pushed it back up, Che ked the hydraulic reservoir and was low so added the ARE. Now the jacks will go down fine but not back up?? Any suggestions. We have Winnie Adventurer 37B. Thanks
mdb9010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:54 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Are these HWH jacks? They recommend spraying the (wiped clean) jack shafts with WD40 before raising to lubricate them. I have one stiff jack that we are trying to exercise loose with this treatment (now that we have replaced the broken springs on 2 of the others).
n0ukf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:25 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Lightbulb

Check all hydraulic lines and fittings at both the jacks and the hydraulic manifold. I had several loose fittings that came to light after my pump burned out (attempted to retract jacks several times, but failed to retract), ended up costing me $828 dollars to replace the pump. Pretty expensive repair that I could have avoided, had I followed the trouble shooting procedures. The system is designed to retract and then basically put a vacuum pressure on the system to maintain the jacks in the up position.
Old 05-26-2018, 09:40 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Ditto the preceding responses. Assuming you have HWH levelers, recommend you go to the site below and look at Service Tip 2010-08.

Winnebago Industries

We went thru ALL the service tips and down loaded any that remotely seemed to pertain to our rig. (Because often we have no net access.)

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:58 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldchinahand View Post
Ditto the preceding responses. Assuming you have HWH levelers, recommend you go to the site below and look at Service Tip 2010-08.

Winnebago Industries

We went thru ALL the service tips and down loaded any that remotely seemed to pertain to our rig. (Because often we have no net access.)

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Thank you for the helpful information.

Tags
jacks