Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-28-2011, 04:46 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Jacks down buzzer

Brand new to this. Just bought a journey 34 y. Seems like I need to have key on to lower jacks. While lowering jacks have to listen to the loud buzzer. Am I doing something wrong? Seems like I should have key out when jacks down. Passengers think I'm going to blow up the rv or something. Thx.
Andiamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:12 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Try in accessory mode.
Vern
Old 11-28-2011, 05:26 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
Try in accessory mode.
Vern
Agree, also we disconnected the buzzer!
Old 11-28-2011, 07:17 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

That's just how HWH sytems work. Anytime the jacks are not in the "travel" position and the ignition key is in the "run" position, the buzzer is activated. If you turn the ignition key to the "accessory" position, you can operate the jacks, but it is much harder on your chassis battery.

The buzzer is either mounted in a bracket to the firewall or packed in one of the wiring bundles behind the instrument cluster. Some buzzers have rotating covers to lower the noise. For the other types, you can just put a piece of tape over them to quite them down. Unplugging them is a little risky because they are an important safety feature of the system, even if there is a dash warning light.

I've made a simple circuit for mine that disables the buzzer when it is not needed but resets itself when the ignition key is turned off in case I forget to enable it again. I've mentioned to the HWH customer service that having to listen to the buzzer screech at you when you are parked and just leveling or working slides is very annoying. Since the system is computer controlled, it would be a simple change to allow you to disable the warnings during this time, but still have them active when the coach is in motion.
LAT-LON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:51 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the help. I'm just glad I'm doing it right. I can put up with the noise.
Andiamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:32 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

If you check the manual you may find some information that will help.

My Kwikee jack system (PowerGear) operates the same way as stated, No buzzer in accessories position. My manual also states that it is beneficial to have the engine running so that the alternator can assist the batteries.

Good luck.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:30 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Wink

While the buzzer is VERY ANNOYING driving off while the jacks are down could be way worse. The buzzer is to remind you they are down.
bubbletruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via Skype™ to BlueLine
I knew there was an advantage to being old and hard of hearing. I like previously suggested used the rotating buffer on the buzzer module to alter the volume, however I turned mine up. I also have the indicator light in the dash. I used to drive airplanes and am a firm believer in lights, alarms and checklists they save time money and lives. If your passengers are worrisome tell them it's an alarm indicating too much chatter in the cockpit.
BlueLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:22 AM   #9

I start my HWH and then turn the key off. Unit will run and time out by itself. No buzzer.
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote