Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2014, 07:00 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Jack Problems

anybody have a 26he that jack light comes on at times ;but jacks are up'
bblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:53 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Not sure what brand of jacks you have but, one brand ; that uses only one light; low fluid level in the hydraulic reservoir will put the light on.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:34 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I'm assuming you have a Vista 26HE. It would help to know the year of your rig and the manufacturer and model of your jack system.

Have a great day.

JD
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:56 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Hold the enter and retract buttons at the same time and it should reset.
sask66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:05 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

My 2013 Vista 27n did that too. It was a leak from a small split in one of the hydraulic lines. Look for any bubbles on the lines especially where they connect to the metal pipes for the jacks.
Finally Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:50 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

After three years of full timing, the leveling jack warning light/warning buzzer started coming on occasionally when rounding sharp corners. I added 1/2 cup of fluid to the reservoir and all has been good since (9 months later)
Old 05-27-2014, 09:43 PM   #7
Site Team

I have a 2013 26HE and have had it happen a few times. Someone told me to always let it turn itself off rather than hitting the on/off button after it fully retracts. I also made sure the jacks were clean, and made sure the tank was adequately full (but not past indicator). No more problems since then. Hope that helps!

2013 Itasca Sunstar 26HE, 2014 Honda CRV with Roadmaster tow package, RVing on weekends and vacation since June 2012
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:42 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I have Kwekii level best 3000 manual jacks;the problem I have is when pushing the retract button the jack retract but the punp will not shut down & the red led (jacks down light) keeps blinking with the buzzer sounding. Have to shut the system down manualy or it takes the battery voltage down to 9 volts or less and if the engineis running at idle it will stall it out. Did check the oil level (okay) & reseted the pad but no luck.
05 Itasca Sunrise 33V
AUSSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:21 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Power gear jacks are single acting jacks with spring return, this means the fluid level in the tank goes down as the jacks extend (Go down), so they use a float valve in the tank to determine when the jacks are all the way UP< (jacks up, fluid level up)

As the rig gets hotter (Late July/ early August) the fluid expands with heat,, FASTER than the tank,, result, overflow

And as it gets colder (Jan/Feb) the level thus goes down.

Well, it is not August, so it is cooler. even if you think it's not.

The solution method 1: Recommended.. Following the instructions in your owner's manual remove the indicated screw, fill till fluid drips, replace screw.

Now, take the cap, i fit has an attached dip stick wipe it clean, insert it till the cap toughes the threaded fill port but do not screw on.. Remove,, Using a Dremel type tool or a scriber (Vibrating or diamond tip) scribe a line where across the dip stick at the oil level.

Whipe clean

Screw cap on and remove

Repeat scribe

Whipe clean

Screw the cap on

Next time you won't have to mess with screw.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:39 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

WA8YXM; I wish I had spring return but mine are dual action and every thing started at 85F inthe sunshine state, thanks for the come back; VE3IHK
AUSSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:48 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

frg keak on floor

had the same thing. ck the drain pan in back wall of frg make sure the little rubber tube is attch that was causing water leaking on my floor
bblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:03 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

I have a 2013 Sunstar 26HE and also have the same problem with the red jack down light coming on after it sits (jacks up) for 3-4 weeks. The light used to come on after the motorhome sat for a couple days. The dealership found two of the four hydraulic lines were bulging and replaced them. The other two lines are difficult to see because they weave in and out of sight. Don't really notice the jacks dropping by themselves while the motorhome sits. I am to the point now where I am just waiting for something to give. This has been a real PITA.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:18 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSSI View Post
I have Kwekii level best 3000 manual jacks;the problem I have is when pushing the retract button the jack retract but the punp will not shut down & the red led (jacks down light) keeps blinking with the buzzer sounding. Have to shut the system down manualy or it takes the battery voltage down to 9 volts or less and if the engineis running at idle it will stall it out. Did check the oil level (okay) & reseted the pad but no luck.
05 Itasca Sunrise 33V
Oh my, oh my! Same system, KWIKEE Level Best 3000. i HAD that problem for a couple years, actually since 2010. Even went to the Winnebago Service Center in IA and they could not fix that blasted light and alarm from not sounding when the jacks were retracted.

I pulled the control panel for the Level Best off. There is a 4 pin connector on the back. Removing it will turn the alarm and light off. It was a PITA so I added a toggle switch to the red power line. When I retracted the jacks and the alarm stayed on I just threw the switch.

Each jack has a "reed switch" mounted on it. It is a proximity switch that lets the controller know when the jack is up and shuts the controller off. They are in series with each other and when the jacks are retracted they should show a short to ground on pin 6. Even though I told the technicians about this it did not seem to sink in and they kept trying different things. Just two months ago they replaced all 4 reed switches and the continuous alarm problem stopped.

I hope this helps someone with the same system;, and maybe the original poster.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote