Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-02-2007, 06:05 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via AIM to Fossilhog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ol'Joe:
And it continues; I deceided to talk with a friend of mine in the business. Do service techs talk a different language to rv repair professionals? I explained my predicament to my friend. He calls HWH and 'lo and behold HWH says no, you can access the cylinder without pulling the slide. My friend explains it to me and yep I think it'll work. But I'm not a gonna do it! I don't trust myself not to screw up the procedure. So after I get back from New Orleans, Off to the repair shop I go. Thanks for all your inputs and for letting me vent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok Joe, so what did he tell you to do??????
Old 04-03-2007, 02:45 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Hey Fos',

Well, as it was explained to me, You start by tracing the two hoses to where they enter into the coach. After removing the sealant you pull out the excess to expose the couplers. Apparently the cylinder has a rather long length of hose permanatly attached to it. Leaving the slide out, you uncouple the hoses, disconnect the push rod from the slide and retact it. Now you go under the bed (yeah everything has to come out and both the bed support and the lower platform have to come off. After that you remove two bolts holding the rear of the cylinder to the frame. (you can't see the clyinder because of the protective U frame.) You are supposedly able to fish the cylinder out of the track being careful not to tear up the hoses that are attached to the cylinder. There is some insulation and protective bumper material that has to be taken out of the track. It looks like they are attached from the inside of the slide. I equate it to trying to reach inside a cannon thruogh the muzzel to try and take the cannon ball out. I was also warned to put a tag line on the hoses as they come thruogh the access hole so you can fish them back later. it's too critical a system for me to try on site. My repair luck comes in spurts. It either alls go perfect or it all goes to.........Well there you go. What d' ya think?
Ol'Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:29 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via AIM to Fossilhog
I'm with you, a job for someoene else.