Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2007, 04:26 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Hi all,
I need to learn how to use the manual levelers on my friends 1996 30 ft winnie adventurer... FAST!. In all the years we traveled together I never had to use them. He's gone on to the final great road trip. His widow called me this AM. She has a couple interested in buying the rig but she has never done any set up or driving for that matter. Since Ol'Joe "knows everything about the coach" (her words) she wants me to demonstrate the rig this afternoon.
And since my "knows everything" comes directly from this forum, Help! I'm standing by, Thanks
Ol'Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:26 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Hi all,
I need to learn how to use the manual levelers on my friends 1996 30 ft winnie adventurer... FAST!. In all the years we traveled together I never had to use them. He's gone on to the final great road trip. His widow called me this AM. She has a couple interested in buying the rig but she has never done any set up or driving for that matter. Since Ol'Joe "knows everything about the coach" (her words) she wants me to demonstrate the rig this afternoon.
And since my "knows everything" comes directly from this forum, Help! I'm standing by, Thanks
Old 06-07-2007, 04:40 AM   #3
Living The Dream

Yikes . . . . like cramming for a test!

Wish I could help, but I know nothing about what you're trying to do . . . sorry.

Remember, the smartest person is not the one who "knows everything," but instead is the one who can say he really doesn't.

Hope that made sense . . . and I'm sure it didn't help. Good luck.
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:47 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I Just want to be able to put the jacks down, level up the coach, retract the jacks and make sure they stow properly.

I always say that you dont have to remember "everything" as long as you remember where to get help! Hence this forum is my memory. It's awesome as my grand daughter says.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:16 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Well,
While I was waiting,I googled HWH and somehow (Magic I guess) I stumbeled onto a web site that has all the operating manuals for HWH jacks. A quick scan showed me what I think I need. As soon as I verify the type/model of jack on the rig I'll download a copy for the new oweners just to be safe. Even when you don't get answers this forum still helps by getting you in a frame of mind that lets you think RV,
I Love It.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:31 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Maybe you could go over early and read the manual and learn before before the buyers got there. I'm sure once you read the manual it will only take a few minutes to figure it out.

That said I'll go throguh what I do on my 2001 Itasca, HWH manual levelers.
I have a 4 jack system
Mine has a joystick on the floor that goes 4 directions front , back, left, & right. moving the joystick to the front moves both front jacks (left and right) down, moveing to the right move both right side jacks down, to the back moves both back jacks down, to the left move both left side jacks down.
To start:
1)put and wood or what ever under the jacks as needed
2)Turn on the hydrulic levels on mine this is on a panel on the lower left of steering wheel.
3)With my joystick are two release levers that arein the slot of the joystick that goes front and back move the front one to the front and the back one to the back. now the joystick should be free to move
4)Mine says to level side to side 1st then front to back, my panel has 4 lights on it(front, left, back, right) so if the right side light is on I push the joystick to the left until the light goes out, the same with the front or back or left.

5) then I check with a carpenter's level to fine tune it. also make sure that all ljacks are down sometimes you can level the rig with just 2 jacks, so I just bring down the other 2 until they touch. having a helper out side makes this very easy.

OK this is my procedure and I your's is probaly different but it gives you an idea. Go early and read the manual and experiment.

good luck.

while I was typing this I see you put a new message looks like you got it solved.

Seattle, WA
rvcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:50 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Hey Rvcarpenter,
Thanks for confirming my reasearch. I always feel better when I can get confirmation of my solutions from experienced forum members.

As it turned out the prospective buyers cancelled our appointment. Said he wanted something newer, only to call me back at 8:30 pm saying he'd changed his mind again and wanted another look Friday. Oh well, the things we do to advance the lifestyle huh?
Thanks again.