Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2017, 10:27 PM   #21
Winnie-Wise

TConn,

Those error messages are not unusual and not of much concern. They did startle me the first few times. Just figure out how to do a system reset and try again. Also, learn how to do a manual level.

I think my system reset is holding two keys down, and manual mode is somewhere in the menus. Sometimes auto level just doesn't want to work right.

Wait a minute or more after leveling before you shut down the system - it likes that better.

Those messages are truly no big deal.

Cheers!
Old 03-04-2017, 06:15 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

thank you! i guess i am just a glass half empty guy. i can't imagine the leveling system is not well engineered. I'll get over it.
tconn308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 02:46 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tconn308 View Post
thank you! i guess i am just a glass half empty guy. i can't imagine the leveling system is not well engineered. I'll get over it.
It is possible the system was never "0" calibrated by the dealer. It only takes a couple minutes to clear the codes and recalibrate the system. The entire process is outlined on page 3 of the document I linked in my previous post.

To clear the codes turn the system ON then hit the "enter" and "retract" buttons at the same time. This will bring you back to the "home" screen, then hit the "retract" button a second time to be sure all jacks are retracted.

To calibrate the system be sure you are in a level spot. Make sure the system is in the "OFF" and depress the front arrow 5 times. Then depress the rear arrow 5 times.

The touch pad will turn on in the "calibrate" mode.
Now use the arrows to level the coach. You should see the coach position relative to level left to right when you push either the left or right arrow. continue to depress the arrow on the side with the amber light. When the coach is close to level left to right you should see a rapidly blinking green light centered between the arrows. Continue with short touches to extend either the left or right jacks until the screen displays "0". The coach should now be level left to right.

Next press either the forward or reverse arrow to see the relative level position front to rear. Follow the same procedures with the forward and reverse arrows as you previously used with the left and right arrows.

When the coach is level both left to right and front to rear the screen will display "SUCCESS". The system should shut off then turn back on and perform an "auto retract"

To check the system press the "auto level" button to verify the system is properly calibrated. the final step is to push the "retract" button and verify all jacks have returned to the storage position and no error code is displayed.

Tags
itasca, leveling