Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2018, 12:58 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Itasca horizon turn indicators

Our turn signals stopped working yet the flashers work although rapidly showing bolts are okay. Any suggestions.
cmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 08:01 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeyer View Post
Our turn signals stopped working yet the flashers work although rapidly showing bolts are okay. Any suggestions.
I'm assuming you mean "Bulbs", not bolts, correct? Just wondering what year your Itasca Horizon is? Ours is an '04, 36GD with the C-7 330HP CAT. If I recall, the turn signal fuses and or relays are in our left front compartment, along with many other relays, fuses and control boxes. May try there.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 10:27 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Itasca Horizon Turn Indicators

Sorry, I did mean bulbs. We have an 03 Itasca Horizon 32' diesel with 300 hp Cummins.

We think it is the flasher but can't locate it. Any ideas?
Old 10-12-2018, 11:01 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Turn Indicator Problem

Our turn indicators had stopped working on our 2003 Itasca Horizon. We finally found and replaced the flashers. They are in a compartment on the floor under the steering wheel. This compartment is under a slanted portion of the floor that lifts up. Picked up flashers at an O'Reilly's auto parts store.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:47 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Did you have to disassemble any of the steering cover to find the flasher?
I’ve got a 0& Journey and cannot find the flasher unit under the dash.
jdkskyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 05:35 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

No. Ours in the Itasca Horizon are on the floor. The compartment is a "box" with a slanted top covered by carpet. It would be near where you put your left foot. We just picked up the "box" and the flashers were under it and easily accessible.
Old 10-17-2018, 05:46 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

On my 03 Horizon the turn signal flasher is under the dash just to the left of the steering wheel. Turn on your emergency flashers and listen for that flasher clicking. In fact, they are the same flasher. Switch out your turn signal flasher with the emergency flasher to confirm that is your issue.
I was remiss in saying both flashers are beside each other just hanging there off their respective connectors.
Dale R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:00 AM   #8
CoveredWagon

Although they are the same light fixtures and bulbs, the turn signals and the flashers use different fuses. On my Sightseer, the flasher relays are under the dash, but the fuses are under the hood. Check your owners manual for the fuse location as well as the flasher relays.
CoveredWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:26 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

flasher unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkskyking View Post
Did you have to disassemble any of the steering cover to find the flasher?
I’ve got a 0& Journey and cannot find the flasher unit under the dash.
I have a 2004 Journey and the flasher is in behind the fuse cover the one that you see when you open the front cover to the gennie, remove the large cover and it in there . It may have slipped down behind the metal panel ??
Dave9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, itasca