Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2014, 07:34 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Itasca 2014 37F Door Locks

Hello - Picked up my new (First MH) 2014 Itasca Suncruiser 37F last Wednesday. It is parked in the drive for now until I learn more about it. We were in it yesterday afternoon. Locked it up and came in the house. Today when I try to get in it the doors (Both side and driver) will not open. I can insert keys and turn locks but doors will not open. Drivers door will not budge and side door moves a slight bit but then catches. Open for any ideas what might be wrong and as to how I get in to open the doors.
FirstMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:56 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Call the dealer and ask. They may have a solution.
Tom3205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:20 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Are they unlocking or not opening ?
Old 04-01-2014, 09:43 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

First I want to thank everyone for replying to my message and to say it was not an April Fools joke. That said here is the problem. The lack of knowledge on the part of the owner to follow instructions. I love my MH but do I have a lot to learn. After posting my first message I went back out to try again. As I was trying the keys in the lock the smarter person (Wife) asked if the pictures of the lock on the door might have anything to do with my problem. As is the case she was right again. Don't know why but I was trying to open the doors by turning the keys to the lock position and then making a lot of noise when they did not work. So the problem is solved and I will go back to reading all the books that came with the MH. I thank everyone and hope I did not take up too much of your time on this self made problem.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:13 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

"I thank everyone and hope I did not take up too much of your time on this self made problem."

I wish all of my problems were that easy to solve. I would ask my Mrs. Knowitall out to consult on all my RV problems, should she deem it worthy of her time.
KoolBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:35 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

while you are learning about your door locks, look at the inside of the entry door. On mine, there is a short red "lever" just below the door handle. It slides up and down to operate one of the 2 locks on that door. If you inadvertently push it down when grabbing at the larger handle you pull up to open the door, you'll need a key to get back inside. After paying "Pop-a-Lock" to come to a State Park to get us back inside, I've placed a key to that lock in a magnetic storage box hidden out under the hood. I've had to use it several times to get back inside. :(

AFAIK, the other lock, (the deadbolt, I think) requires you to use a key on the outside to lock it-but not so for the other one.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:23 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Yes it takes 2 keys to get inside most MH's. One is for the Deadbolt and the other is for the standard lock. Also on Winnebagos\Itasca's the standard lock key will open all of the baggage doors and Drivers door if you have one. It's called the One Key system
Old 04-02-2014, 07:24 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

First M/H. We all have had moments when things get screwed up. It is called life. So, live it, have fun, enjoy your new adventure, and make a lot of memories along the way. Happy Trails to you ....
Tom3205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:40 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the info on the door locks. I'll take a look today and then find a place for the extra keys if need be.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:43 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Because of that little "red" lever, we have a hidden key outside the MH
Old 04-05-2014, 06:26 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Itasca Door locks

We have a new 2014 Itasca Sunstar 31KE and it requires three separate keys for the different locks in the coach. 1 for deadbolt on entrance door only. 1 for standard lock on entrance door only and a third, different key is required for the exterior compartment doors. The third key will only lock/unlock exterior compartment doors. I have tried each of the keys in all locks and they only work in the locks they are designed for. Don't know why I am not as fortunate as Supergewl. It sure would have been nice to only have to keep track of two keys, but I have learned which fits where and have placed them on key rings in an order that works for me and my wife. Can't tell you how many times I cursed those keys the first month we had the unit but all is well now

Safe and Happy Trails!
Bob & Karen, 2 Std. Poodles, Chloe & Sadie, 2014 Sunstar 31KE, Rav4 Toad
runaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:47 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Bob, the KeyOne system is not available on the "value-priced" Vista/Sunstar motorhomes. The higher-end units have them.

The Winnebago/Itasca websites have a section called "Key Features" so you can compare which units have what special features. Ironically, the KeyOne system isn't listed!
HOHDR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, itasca