Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-09-2020, 03:04 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Unhappy Is any one else Minnie Plus falling apart

I don't know who to contact but here is my story of buying my very first travel trailer. Just a little back ground. I have grown up around travel trailers and motorhomes. This was an exciting time. My wife and I trying to plan our retirement. Buy a nice travel trailer and travel the country when we retired. We are young but planning our future. We went to our local La Mesa RV. We got a 2019 Winnebago Minnie Plus. We took out the very first weekend we had it. Then everything went to crap.
We packed up the trailer at home and started off to the coast.. Didn't even make it out of town. The siding of the trailer on both side came off. Okay we thought you things happen. OH NO it didn't stop there. We have taken it out a total of 8 times its been in the shop for 6 times and a month every time we bring it in. That's 6 months we lost of using the trailer. We live in Northern California so we can camp all year long. Here is the list of things wrong with this POS.
Siding trim has come off twice. Refrigerator was leaking in to the wall, they didn't believe me till I did a video of it. Roof is coming off, bathroom door came off twice even tho it was secured, bathroom vent leaks, A/C blows thru the speaker more then the vent, slide out has a hell of a time sliding sounds like its going to fall out, kitchen faucet leaked every where, dining table was bent lop sided, stove grate was bent chipping paint, electrical system does not charge batteries, fire place doesn't work had to be replaced, caulking in shower was never finished, some of the walls are cut short and filled in with caulking, shower faucet was put in up side down, non of the bathroom hardware was in stalled, seams for wall paper coming off, water leaks in to the storage compartment which has cause the floor to bubble, Door leaks hard to open causing damage and the door putter panel is cut to short causing a hole for water to leak in, all 3 tanks had to have valves replaced stuck close, sensor for tank levels does not work 2 out of 4 of them, refrigerator trim came off, ceiling panels are cut to short, nails sticking out of ceiling trim, this is only some of the stuff wrong with it. This has been a head ache and a very big disappointment ever. Any suggestions of trying to get hold of someone from Winnebago?
tonymindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 04:06 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Winnebago Owner Resources can be reached by email at
[email protected]
Include your year/make/model and VIN (if you know it) or the Winnebago Serial number (should be on the unit somewhere, on an embossed plate or the bill of sale), and I would include the dealer's name/address where you purchased it, and the salesperson's name, if you have that.
If the unit is really as bad as you say, you may have to take it to Winnebago in Iowa to get it fixed, but that's just me speculating.
Good luck.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 04:17 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

What kind of a pre delivery inspection and walk through did you do or have done? Much of what you listed could have been caught in a detailed PDI.

Most RVs sold these days do have some initial problems that have to be worked out, but this list is one of the longest and most extensive issue list I've ever seen or heard of.

I'd make one call to customer service and then my second call would be to an attorney.

We are the third owners of a 2015 Minnie Winnie 22R and have not had any real problems with it besides basic design does not really meet our needs these days. We have looked at dozens of makes/models to replace it including a Minnie 22M, but passed on that idea for a variety of reasons, build quality being one of them.

We plan on replacing it with a Coach House 272XL. A very well built RV.
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote