Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-15-2015, 11:02 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Intermittent slide problem help

My 2013 Winne 35g has a large kitchen slide that intermittenly works. It is the type of slide that moves about 1/2 way out then tilts back and drops down. I dont remember who makes it but that is the style.
So what happens is the first indicater is that the slide lock does not work. The remote panel does not show any indicater lights and the slide does not move. We will have to wait a few hours and then all is fine.
There does not seem to be any pattern to this problem. Sometimes the slide will work when the locks do not. Sometimes the whole system works great and it will be months before we have another issue.
The two slides that have the rack and pinion system always work. Only the large slide has this issue.
It has been back to the dealer many times for this and other issues but it always works at the dealers shop. It only seems to occur after traveling. And always intermittantly.
Does anyone know how this system operates? Does it have Hall Effect sensors or optical sensors?
I have gone through the trouble shooting pages in the manual and none of that helps. Thre is no power to the panel when this problem occurs.

Thanks in advance for any help.

This is a great website.

Charie
Rvbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 11:31 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvbuzz View Post
My 2013 Winne 35g has a large kitchen slide that intermittenly works. It is the type of slide that moves about 1/2 way out then tilts back and drops down. I dont remember who makes it but that is the style.
So what happens is the first indicater is that the slide lock does not work. The remote panel does not show any indicater lights and the slide does not move. We will have to wait a few hours and then all is fine.
There does not seem to be any pattern to this problem. Sometimes the slide will work when the locks do not. Sometimes the whole system works great and it will be months before we have another issue.
The two slides that have the rack and pinion system always work. Only the large slide has this issue.
It has been back to the dealer many times for this and other issues but it always works at the dealers shop. It only seems to occur after traveling. And always intermittantly.
Does anyone know how this system operates? Does it have Hall Effect sensors or optical sensors?
I have gone through the trouble shooting pages in the manual and none of that helps. Thre is no power to the panel when this problem occurs.

Thanks in advance for any help.

This is a great website.

Charie
I had a slideout that acted this way a couple of years ago. I tracked it down to a loose connection to the slideout controller. After I firmly made the connection there have been zero problems. Not saying that this is your problem, it's just something I found on mine and something you can check out.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 10:01 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I have checked plugs and connections in the past but will go thru that again.
I would love to have a wiring diagram to see where power comes from and start at the source.
My brain is telling me there is a limit switch of some kind that is de powering the panel. I have no idea where to look though.

Thank you for your reply
Old 08-16-2015, 07:03 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
I have checked plugs and connections in the past but will go thru that again.
I would love to have a wiring diagram to see where power comes from and start at the source.
My brain is telling me there is a limit switch of some kind that is de powering the panel. I have no idea where to look though.

Thank you for your reply
All of your wiring diagrams and much more are online on the Winnebago website. In fact, every nut and bolt that went into making your MH is also online. Here ya go:

Winnebago Product Information | Motorhome & RV Information

Select "year" and then "model" and then click on one of the items under "Manuals and Diagrams" in the center of the page. Have fun with all of the information that is available.

If you want all of the parts that went in to the MH, select "Parts Catalog" and then click on the red "Service Parts List on the left side of the page.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:06 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by aauummm View Post
All of your wiring diagrams and much more are online on the Winnebago website. In fact, every nut and bolt that went into making your MH is also online. Here ya go:

Winnebago Product Information | Motorhome & RV Information

Select "year" and then "model" and then click on one of the items under "Manuals and Diagrams" in the center of the page. Have fun with all of the information that is available.

If you want all of the parts that went in to the MH, select "Parts Catalog" and then click on the red "Service Parts List on the left side of the page.
Thank you for your reply I will check that out.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:09 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

As far as I can tell the wiring diagram from Winnebago only covers the Schwintek slide.
I looked arou d but could not find any other wiring diagrams for slides.

I just need to confirm that the Schwintek slides are the ones with the rack and pinion drive.

If anyone can confirm this it would be helpful.

Thank you
Old 08-17-2015, 03:28 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
As far as I can tell the wiring diagram from Winnebago only covers the Schwintek slide.
I looked arou d but could not find any other wiring diagrams for slides.

I just need to confirm that the Schwintek slides are the ones with the rack and pinion drive.

If anyone can confirm this it would be helpful.

Thank you
On the Schwintek the racks are on the sides of the slideout (in-wall system). On the PowerGear the rack is underneath the slideout on the slideout arm (well marked with a large yellow PowerGear decal). PowerGear has also introduced an in-wall system, so check your labels to see what you've got.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:36 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

For mine, the controller label indicates the manufacturer.
My two rear slides are Schwintek, and my DS front is Lippert.

My Lippert seems to travel the way you explained...it goes out about 1/2 way, and then the outside edge drops.....when it is almost completely extended, the inside edge drops to meet with the floor.

You problem really sounds like a connection problem.
Get out the test light now, and check voltages when things are working.
Check the controller plug for power.
Then be ready when it happens again.

Regards,

Dan
Old 08-17-2015, 04:55 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

RVBUZZ Your slide system is the Power Gear system. There should be a wiring diagram on the Winnebago manual site, make sure you're entering the Year and Model of you unit. I've references their manuals numerous times. To see in detail the info you want you'll need to play around enlarging the diagrams till you see what you want.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide