Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-15-2015, 11:02 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 22
Intermittent slide problem help

My 2013 Winne 35g has a large kitchen slide that intermittenly works. It is the type of slide that moves about 1/2 way out then tilts back and drops down. I dont remember who makes it but that is the style.
So what happens is the first indicater is that the slide lock does not work. The remote panel does not show any indicater lights and the slide does not move. We will have to wait a few hours and then all is fine.
There does not seem to be any pattern to this problem. Sometimes the slide will work when the locks do not. Sometimes the whole system works great and it will be months before we have another issue.
The two slides that have the rack and pinion system always work. Only the large slide has this issue.
It has been back to the dealer many times for this and other issues but it always works at the dealers shop. It only seems to occur after traveling. And always intermittantly.
Does anyone know how this system operates? Does it have Hall Effect sensors or optical sensors?
I have gone through the trouble shooting pages in the manual and none of that helps. Thre is no power to the panel when this problem occurs.

Thanks in advance for any help.

This is a great website.

Charie
Rvbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 11:31 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise
 
aauummm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Altoona, Iowa
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvbuzz View Post
My 2013 Winne 35g has a large kitchen slide that intermittenly works. It is the type of slide that moves about 1/2 way out then tilts back and drops down. I dont remember who makes it but that is the style.
So what happens is the first indicater is that the slide lock does not work. The remote panel does not show any indicater lights and the slide does not move. We will have to wait a few hours and then all is fine.
There does not seem to be any pattern to this problem. Sometimes the slide will work when the locks do not. Sometimes the whole system works great and it will be months before we have another issue.
The two slides that have the rack and pinion system always work. Only the large slide has this issue.
It has been back to the dealer many times for this and other issues but it always works at the dealers shop. It only seems to occur after traveling. And always intermittantly.
Does anyone know how this system operates? Does it have Hall Effect sensors or optical sensors?
I have gone through the trouble shooting pages in the manual and none of that helps. Thre is no power to the panel when this problem occurs.

Thanks in advance for any help.

This is a great website.

Charie
I had a slideout that acted this way a couple of years ago. I tracked it down to a loose connection to the slideout controller. After I firmly made the connection there have been zero problems. Not saying that this is your problem, it's just something I found on mine and something you can check out.
__________________
2010 Itasca Sunova 33C (a lot of modifications)
2004 Jeep Rubicon, 34K miles (highly modified)
Three cats and the wife
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 10:01 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 22
I have checked plugs and connections in the past but will go thru that again.
I would love to have a wiring diagram to see where power comes from and start at the source.
My brain is telling me there is a limit switch of some kind that is de powering the panel. I have no idea where to look though.

Thank you for your reply
Rvbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 07:03 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise
 
aauummm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Altoona, Iowa
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvbuzz View Post
I have checked plugs and connections in the past but will go thru that again.
I would love to have a wiring diagram to see where power comes from and start at the source.
My brain is telling me there is a limit switch of some kind that is de powering the panel. I have no idea where to look though.

Thank you for your reply
All of your wiring diagrams and much more are online on the Winnebago website. In fact, every nut and bolt that went into making your MH is also online. Here ya go:

Winnebago Product Information | Motorhome & RV Information

Select "year" and then "model" and then click on one of the items under "Manuals and Diagrams" in the center of the page. Have fun with all of the information that is available.

If you want all of the parts that went in to the MH, select "Parts Catalog" and then click on the red "Service Parts List on the left side of the page.
__________________
2010 Itasca Sunova 33C (a lot of modifications)
2004 Jeep Rubicon, 34K miles (highly modified)
Three cats and the wife
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 10:06 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by aauummm View Post
All of your wiring diagrams and much more are online on the Winnebago website. In fact, every nut and bolt that went into making your MH is also online. Here ya go:

Winnebago Product Information | Motorhome & RV Information

Select "year" and then "model" and then click on one of the items under "Manuals and Diagrams" in the center of the page. Have fun with all of the information that is available.

If you want all of the parts that went in to the MH, select "Parts Catalog" and then click on the red "Service Parts List on the left side of the page.
Thank you for your reply I will check that out.
Rvbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 03:09 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 22
As far as I can tell the wiring diagram from Winnebago only covers the Schwintek slide.
I looked arou d but could not find any other wiring diagrams for slides.

I just need to confirm that the Schwintek slides are the ones with the rack and pinion drive.

If anyone can confirm this it would be helpful.

Thank you
Rvbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 03:28 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise
 
aauummm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Altoona, Iowa
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvbuzz View Post
As far as I can tell the wiring diagram from Winnebago only covers the Schwintek slide.
I looked arou d but could not find any other wiring diagrams for slides.

I just need to confirm that the Schwintek slides are the ones with the rack and pinion drive.

If anyone can confirm this it would be helpful.

Thank you
On the Schwintek the racks are on the sides of the slideout (in-wall system). On the PowerGear the rack is underneath the slideout on the slideout arm (well marked with a large yellow PowerGear decal). PowerGear has also introduced an in-wall system, so check your labels to see what you've got.
__________________
2010 Itasca Sunova 33C (a lot of modifications)
2004 Jeep Rubicon, 34K miles (highly modified)
Three cats and the wife
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 03:36 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 33
For mine, the controller label indicates the manufacturer.
My two rear slides are Schwintek, and my DS front is Lippert.

My Lippert seems to travel the way you explained...it goes out about 1/2 way, and then the outside edge drops.....when it is almost completely extended, the inside edge drops to meet with the floor.

You problem really sounds like a connection problem.
Get out the test light now, and check voltages when things are working.
Check the controller plug for power.
Then be ready when it happens again.

Regards,

Dan
__________________
2014 40QBH Phaeton DP Cummins 380HP ISL, Freightliner XC, 2014 Jeep Trailhawk TOAD
Blue Ox Aventa tow bar, SMI Air Force One -South Orange County Ca.
dpinvidic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 04:55 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner
 
D Lindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 245
RVBUZZ Your slide system is the Power Gear system. There should be a wiring diagram on the Winnebago manual site, make sure you're entering the Year and Model of you unit. I've references their manuals numerous times. To see in detail the info you want you'll need to play around enlarging the diagrams till you see what you want.
__________________
2012 Journey 40U (Our Incredible Journey)
2008 Dodge Dakota(TOAD) 2005 Honda Shadow in TOAD
AF-1 braking system
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
slide


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Intermittent HWH slide-out malfunction B Kane Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics 15 06-01-2013 07:58 PM
Intermittent Slide activation swreeder70 General Maintenance and Repair 7 04-01-2013 12:21 AM
Intermittent slide malfunction RV'nOldTimer General Maintenance and Repair 10 05-30-2011 03:55 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Winnebago Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×