Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2015, 03:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Intermittent side and rear cameras?

Greetings!!

We took our 2015 Itasca 37F out of a short run yesterday and had a issue where the side and cameras initially weren't working at all.

The Xite console showed "no video" on all three cameras.

After a while they went from being dead to very ntermittent. After driving around for about an hour, they seem to stabilize.

It was a fairly cold day - by California standards - and the chassis part of the Motorhome had not been used to a few weeks.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it simply the parts have warm-up? I don't know whether to put this in for repair or not. The spousal unit is very adamant that cameras work.

Thanks,
Jerald Pendleton
jrpend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:58 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

jrpend, there is no warm up. Put it on the list. There is a loose wire or bad video unit.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 05:37 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Check the ground wire.
S Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 10:14 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Intermittent rear and side cameras

We are currently on the road and our side and rear camera has stopped working. It came on when we initially started the engine, went off, came on to the radio screen only and will not switch to the camera. It has now gone off again. Did you get yours repaired and what did they do to fix it. Thanks
Old 11-23-2015, 05:58 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Hello fellow Suncruiser -

No, not fixed yet. Have an appointment at CW for Dec 10.

I tried a little self-diagnosis first and followed the wiring from the drivers mirror cam and discovered by rustling the wires around I could get the cameras to come back and go away again.

The diagnosis: Something is loose back there - which was suggested by a previous responder. Since I still have warranty coverage, and since I don't know quite how to do it, I did not pull the radio and check the connections.

Interesting we both have the same problem.

Rgds,
Jerald
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstMH View Post
We are currently on the road and our side and rear camera has stopped working. It came on when we initially started the engine, went off, came on to the radio screen only and will not switch to the camera. It has now gone off again. Did you get yours repaired and what did they do to fix it. Thanks
Old 11-24-2015, 08:31 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

JRPend

Thanks for the reply. We could not wait and left the Campground without the camera.

Funny thing is it started to work off and on for about an hour. Screen would show radio controls but if I tried to switch to camera it would go off. After about two hours it came on and stayed on. I got brave and switched it to camera and to my surprise it worked for the rest of the trip. Even being turned off for gas and then for lunch.

I have not tried it since I arrived home but am going to move MH today and will see if it works. I do plan on finding the tools to take the unit out of the dash and check wires behind it for connections.

If you find anything out from CW I would appreciate it if you would pass along what they might have found.

Thanks - Safe travels.
Old 11-26-2015, 12:29 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpend View Post
Greetings!!

We took our 2015 Itasca 37F out of a short run yesterday and had a issue where the side and cameras initially weren't working at all.

The Xite console showed "no video" on all three cameras.

After a while they went from being dead to very ntermittent. After driving around for about an hour, they seem to stabilize.

It was a fairly cold day - by California standards - and the chassis part of the Motorhome had not been used to a few weeks.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it simply the parts have warm-up? I don't know whether to put this in for repair or not. The spousal unit is very adamant that cameras work.

Thanks,
Jerald Pendleton
Had the same problem with our right turn camera on our Itasca, Sunstar 27N. Winnebago told dealer to replace turn camera. Unit was still under warranty.
kayserc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 10:20 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

JRPend

Wanted to check with you and see if Camping World found out what was wrong with your camera system.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:28 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Greetings!!! -
What we discovered that even making an appointment a month in advanced, CW may not have anyone to work on the unit.

We pulled in there, turned it in and went off for the day in the Toad. When we didn't get a call that it was done, we went back just before close and discovered it had not been touched. And it would not be touched before Monday at the earliest. We are full time, but with jobs, so we elected to pull it back out and head home. We now have an appointment in January to try again. Maybe.

I'm thinking I may pull the dash and radio and try to fix it myself - I'm pretty certain that it is simply loose connections. The cameras work about 50% of the time. We've got extensive Xmas travel planned and it would be very-very nice to have those things working.

Best laid plans....
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstMH View Post
JRPend

Wanted to check with you and see if Camping World found out what was wrong with your camera system.
Old 12-16-2015, 05:02 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

JRPend

Sorry things did not work out as you planned. Mine started working again, but with the message - "No camera input" - when it first comes on. Except all the cameras work. I cleaned up the coach and placed it in storage for the winter. Will work on it next year. Over the winter I am going to talk to a couple of Custom Shops in the area and see if they can change out the system with a two piece separate CD/Radio and a Camera system. I researched the Jensen JRV212T system and did not get any good news about it. If I can not fix it easy next year then I will replace it to get rid of the problem.

Safe travels and have a Great Holiday Season.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:16 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Keep in mind, over 90% of all 12V issues are the result of a poor or missing ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpend View Post
Greetings!!! -
What we discovered that even making an appointment a month in advanced, CW may not have anyone to work on the unit.

We pulled in there, turned it in and went off for the day in the Toad. When we didn't get a call that it was done, we went back just before close and discovered it had not been touched. And it would not be touched before Monday at the earliest. We are full time, but with jobs, so we elected to pull it back out and head home. We now have an appointment in January to try again. Maybe.

I'm thinking I may pull the dash and radio and try to fix it myself - I'm pretty certain that it is simply loose connections. The cameras work about 50% of the time. We've got extensive Xmas travel planned and it would be very-very nice to have those things working.

Best laid plans....
Sad news_ When you make an appt. with Camping World for your RV, you made an appt to drop it off, NOT for work to begin. After drop-off your RV is put in rotation. When your RV gets to the top of the waiting list, they pull in into a bay, diagnose the problem, pull it back out onto the lot. Then they order parts. When parts arrive, your RV is put back on the rotation list. Only then will your RV be repaired.

That is what I was told by one of the RV technicians at a nearby CW when I got irate at our MH sitting in their lot for 3 months with nothing accomplished. When the parts for my MH arrived, they were used on someone else's MH- that's when I got irate again.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera