Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-24-2021, 05:24 PM   #1
2018 22M

Interior Mold from One Slide - A Specific Question

I feel i likely dodged a big bullet, finding some fairly minimal mold early on - inside the bedroom, in the 'head end' of my 'bed box', which is a slide. There was also some droplets of condensation on the wall itself, just above where the mold was coming out in the seam between the wall and 'floor' of the 'bed box'. It's a rear slide where the head of the bed goes out (the rest stays in.) My dinette and wardrobe slides get a LOT of sun during the day and are fine - even the storage boxes under my dinette seats - but the rear slide gets very little sun and apparently holds more moisture. You can see from the photos what I found, in both corners. I have cleaned, taken preventive measures, including putting recommended caulk I found in my researching on all seams in interior slide. So the interior seems ok now. HOWEVER, I'm allergic to mold and with my head in that box that sticks out, I still feel some symptoms, or maybe I'm just paranoid haha. I have yet to find, in my extensive research, how I'm supposed to treat the area that got the mold in there to begin with (the area between the 'walls' of my 'bed box' and the exterior metal on the slide.) I'm not capable of taking a slide apart, and commercial mold companies want a fortune to even look at anything. I feel like I know what preventive measures to take NOW (moisture control with a mix of many things - I've insulated my inside window back there, I'm keeping the humidity between 30-40, opening vents & vent fan once or twice a day for a short while, have put the caulk, as I mentioned, etc.) Yet I want to know that the unseen - what's hidden behind the slide walls - is clean as well. So THAT'S the advice I'm seeking. How to get in those spaces with something that will kill the mold spores and not be totally toxic. Thanks in advance for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7324.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	291.0 KB
ID:	176970   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7296.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	326.9 KB
ID:	176971  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7325.jpg