Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2020, 12:11 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Interior ceiling light out

I have a 2018 Micro Mini. My interior ceiling light won’t come on. The small LED ones. I opened it up but there is no bulb to replace. How do you fix this issue then? Just looks like computer chips in there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	073983DC-6A9C-49B3-8D04-7ACF984A1127.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	216.8 KB
ID:	173356  
Celtic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 01:32 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Have you seen LED so that one would know what they look like. Sounds like you are looking at the LED! Did you note if they are a wedge shaped plug in? Those I have seen are just a series of LED on plugs and can be replaced quite easy.
However that doesn't rule out being other typesor the fixture itself having a wiring problem, so more looking may be needed.
Any chance of a picture without the cover in place?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 03:50 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Have you seen LED so that one would know what they look like. Sounds like you are looking at the LED! Did you note if they are a wedge shaped plug in? Those I have seen are just a series of LED on plugs and can be replaced quite easy.
However that doesn't rule out being other typesor the fixture itself having a wiring problem, so more looking may be needed.
Any chance of a picture without the cover in place?
I posted
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6DE90C3C-F4BE-45E3-BBEE-601DEC8832FE.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	260.5 KB
ID:	173361  
Celtic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 04:55 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Okay, that is a totally different item than I was thinking. Those are the LED all laid out in a row and they do not look like something we can replace very easy.
But knowing how reliable LED can be, I would then move to make sure power is getting to them as wiring and switches are more prone to fail than the LED array itself.
I would want to take it off the ceiling and find where the power connects to this fixture and see power there and that there is no a loose connection or something else keeping it from working. Possible this one fixture is on a circuit breaker/fuse by itself? Possible but not one I would bet on. Possible that little switch is bad? Not too unusual, but then that can get into changing out the switch and that might get tricky to find, so I might want to start shopping for a replacement at that point.

Just my way of thinking on the issue and certainly not the only way to go.

What makes RV so fun? All the new things we get to learn! Kind of like banging our head on the wall. It feels so good when we quit!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 09:26 AM   #5
US1
Winnebago Camper

Those 'computer chips' are the LEDs, (light bulbs)
1st check would be to take a meter or test light to the black and white wires to see if power is present. If no, then start working backwards by removing the fixture and check for incoming power to the switch

Tags
ceiling, light