Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2008, 08:46 PM   #21
Winnie-Wise

I thought I would update this post with a picture of the mesh I installed instead of glass in the overhead cabinet doors. I have had no overheating problems anymore since this change.

Normally the content in the cabinets is hardly visible. The flash of the camera really lights things up.

Harry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:13 AM   #22
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Harry B:
I thought I would update this post with a picture of the mesh I installed instead of glass in the overhead cabinet doors. I have had no overheating problems anymore since this change.

Normally the content in the cabinets is hardly visible. The flash of the camera really lights things up.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very nice,,,I like the black mesh versus spraying it chrome color.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:13 AM   #23
Winnie-Wise

What kind of mesh and where did you get it? It looks super!

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:32 PM   #24
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What kind of mesh and where did you get it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used the protective screen that is being used on screen doors. Obtained it from Lowes. Look in the screening department. It comes with a frame to mount it on screen doors. I just removed the screening from the frame. It came in a dark brown color and was about $25. It is large enough in size to do both overhead cabinet doors and is pretty sturdy.
Harry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:30 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

After not finding small mesh anywhere else, I used "disposable grill toppers" (made of aluminum) from Camping World. I have four side-opening doors that had glass (each apx 8 1/4" x 14"), and had to buy four grill toppers as each one was just a bit too small to get two usable pieces out of it. My total cost was $11.91 for the 4 grill toppers and a can of black spray paint. I was able to cut them to size with a pair or old scissors. The grill topper material probably is not as rigid as the screen material Harry got at Lowes, but it works great in my smaller doors.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:43 PM   #26
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pubtym:
I like this: "CP-EC Power" solution...simple...reasonable...plug power supply to dual powered (110 AC & inverter) outlet in electronics compartment.That way it will always have a power source.

http://www.coolcomponents.com/Cooling-Products_c_6.html

Add the temperature conroller wire: "TC-BSC"..
http://www.coolcomponents.com/Temp-C...lers_c_13.html

These components will "cool".

Put a slightly fatter silicon bumper pad on the door bottom for door "venting" solution. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I installed two of these today...with temp controler..One is by the converter...the other is on top of my Sat receiver..no mesh doors..working sweet!