Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-19-2022, 03:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Instruction to remove the old front TV

I have seen lots of posts of great looking TV replacement projects but cannot find instruction for the removal of the front frame and TV in a 2005 Adventurer 35A.

The hardware seems to be hidden and there's talk about needing to remove the back section behind the TV. Sometimes tough tellin not knowin can make a project go sideways real fast. Any knowledgeable help would be greatly appreciated.
Bob35A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 04:50 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Maybe the parts drawings for the Tv area would give a hint at how and where things might come apart?

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...05/5wpg35a.pdf

Page 102 and 106-108 might match what you see?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 07:02 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Maybe the parts drawings for the Tv area would give a hint at how and where things might come apart?

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...05/5wpg35a.pdf

Page 102 and 106-108 might match what you see?
Thank you for this info. I have reviewed this material in my information, it shows components and part numbers, but not the location of hardware and assembly views, this way I posted. Thank you again
Old 10-19-2022, 07:34 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Here's my old thread on that may have some helpful info: Front LCD TV install in 2005 Vectra (Long)

You need to remove all of the screws holding the plastic pan under the TV (screws accessible after popping off little covers over each one)--also a good idea to cover defroster vents with a towel so you don't lose anything down the vents. The lip of the plastic will probably still be attached to the wooden faceframe with some screws from inside that aren't accessible until the whole thing is down.

You also need to remove the center sunscreen if you have one.

If you have a small speaker above the top of the TV that needs to be removed as well. Pop off the grill and then there are a few screws to remove the speaker (make note of the wiring connections before removing them).

The wooden faceframe is held in with a couple of screws into each side through the inside wall of the adjoining cabinets. They're black on black, so you may need a light to see them. Once those are removed the whole faceframe and attached plastic pan should tip out a bit at the top an then come down and off.

The TV itself is held down with a bar across the top secured with a large bolt on either side. There's also probably some sticky foam under the TV holding it in place as well. The tube TV is QUITE heavy--I would recommend having someone else available to help lift it down (after unpluging the power and wiring from the backside).

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 06:29 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
Here's my old thread on that may have some helpful info: Front LCD TV install in 2005 Vectra (Long)

You need to remove all of the screws holding the plastic pan under the TV (screws accessible after popping off little covers over each one)--also a good idea to cover defroster vents with a towel so you don't lose anything down the vents. The lip of the plastic will probably still be attached to the wooden faceframe with some screws from inside that aren't accessible until the whole thing is down.

You also need to remove the center sunscreen if you have one.

If you have a small speaker above the top of the TV that needs to be removed as well. Pop off the grill and then there are a few screws to remove the speaker (make note of the wiring connections before removing them).

The wooden faceframe is held in with a couple of screws into each side through the inside wall of the adjoining cabinets. They're black on black, so you may need a light to see them. Once those are removed the whole faceframe and attached plastic pan should tip out a bit at the top an then come down and off.

The TV itself is held down with a bar across the top secured with a large bolt on either side. There's also probably some sticky foam under the TV holding it in place as well. The tube TV is QUITE heavy--I would recommend having someone else available to help lift it down (after unpluging the power and wiring from the backside).
This is perfect, exactly what I was looking for thank you. It's a bit of science project so I will wait til it's winterized then get started. It's nice to move forward with confidence, thank you again for your post.
Old 10-26-2022, 04:18 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

We have removed ours and Chris' explanation of how to do it is excellent. Our replacement TV has a new front frame that just fits between the two cabinet doors. The hole up behind the new TV was covered with a piece of plywood covered in closely matching vinyl. The center sun visor was not replaced as we never used it.
Old 10-26-2022, 06:03 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Bisson View Post
We have removed ours and Chris' explanation of how to do it is excellent. Our replacement TV has a new front frame that just fits between the two cabinet doors. The hole up behind the new TV was covered with a piece of plywood covered in closely matching vinyl. The center sun visor was not replaced as we never used it.
Cheryl, thank you for your post. Chris's instructions will come in handy. I was hoping to re-assemble the original TV enclosure without the old TV so I can use the space for a storage cabinet. I will trim a piece of plywood and using a piano hinge mount it as a cabinet door, on the face of the original frame, and mounting the new TV on the face of that. I did this to the enclosure in the bedroom and it turned out real nice. We got a new TV mount and an extra storage cabinet.
Old 10-26-2022, 06:37 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221026_200546459.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	204.1 KB
ID:	184522

This is the bedroom TV cabinet
Old 10-26-2022, 06:53 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper