Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-05-2020, 04:21 PM   #1
Old Journey

Red face In line fuel filter

Hi
New to site, RVing for 40 years. New to Winnebago products. I hope this thread is new. Did not see it listed. Have a 2003 journey 36C with 5.9 300hp. Looking for the in line fuel filter. Have low pressure code. and will not start. Changing all filters for now. Have a small inline filter that old owner gave me with a lot of service items. Can't seem to see the small micron inline filter under coach.
Large Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 12:17 PM   #2
Old Journey

Found It! Looks like fun. No one likes to change it. Still the original !!
Old 02-12-2020, 12:43 PM   #3
Site Team

I bet the new filter will fix your problem; please let us know how it turns-out.
Old 02-19-2020, 06:14 PM   #4
Old Journey

My Nephew stopped by and got it out.Good to be young. It was old and clogged somewhat. It did not help. Looking at injector pump$$$. Can not seem to get fuel above that pump. Pulled all sensors and they looked good. I have a month or so before we hit the road. Not sure if Good Sam pays for on the road repair. The motor home sits in my back yard, where it is HARD to drive into let alone tow it out. All air is out, so it is sitting on its belly. Well I will find out soon.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:45 PM   #5
Site Team

Let us hope that a new fuel pump will fix it. Perhaps the clogged fuel filter was a strain on the fuel pump? Who knows. Good luck with the repair.
Old 02-21-2020, 02:46 AM   #6
'12 I.Ellipse 450 ISL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large Marge View Post
Found It! Looks like fun. No one likes to change it. Still the original !!
wow, took you a week to find it...where is/was it?
RightUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 02:58 AM   #7
'12 I.Ellipse 450 ISL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large Marge View Post
My Nephew stopped by and got it out.Good to be young. It was old and clogged somewhat. It did not help. Looking at injector pump$$$. Can not seem to get fuel above that pump. Pulled all sensors and they looked good. I have a month or so before we hit the road. Not sure if Good Sam pays for on the road repair. The motor home sits in my back yard, where it is HARD to drive into let alone tow it out. All air is out, so it is sitting on its belly. Well I will find out soon.
Hmm. It sat on its belly? Poor thing. lol. You might want to get your nephew to check all the lines and hosing, if any. Critters like to chew through those things. Make sure no critters have made themselves a Home up underneath your Moho. Make sure there are no Insect nests of any sort. Ck for ants inside the cabin too. Good luck.
RightUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 06:50 PM   #8
Old Journey

Filter is inside frame rail, behind rear, above air bag, on curb side. It is only the size of two d batteries! And black. The MH was on a trip the week before. Was not sitting. No critters. I let down air bags when it sits in driveway in back yard. Use it as a guest room. Went to start it up 2 days later to fill tank for winter. It ran for about 30 seconds, then shut down. Will not start, and a check engine light. Ran a cummins scan and got low fuel rail pressure readout! Going to check a few more things before I call Good Sam. Will let you know how it goes.
Old 03-04-2020, 08:36 AM   #9
Old Journey

Called my Good Sam Roadside. Very disappointed!! Have a call into my Good Sam extended service. Still waiting on return call!
Old 03-04-2020, 09:47 AM   #10
Site Team

Please let us know how many hours (days?) it takes for the call-back. Perhaps just arranging to get your vehicle towed out to a reputable mechanic would be your best option now. I know my AAA Premier RV Coverage will pay for up to 200 miles of towing. Now that I'm out of full-warranty, I am self-insuring, with the exception of the AAA coverage. Good luck and please keep us posted.
Eagle5
Old 04-02-2020, 06:19 AM   #11
Old Journey

UPDATE Just had my MH towed to shop. Had to find towing and repair on my own! They could not find a tow service near me! And never called me back. Lets see if Good Sam reimburses me! Sounds impossible but will see.
Old 05-04-2020, 05:38 PM   #12
Old Journey

Ok, here is the final report. The shop repaired my motor home. It was my injection pump. The old inline filter might have destroyed the pump. Good Sam did reimburse me for about half my repair. Had to pay for 1 1/2 hours of diagnosis over what they approved. Now the towing. After I called Good Sam Roadside, they never called me back. I had to get my own towing! The same shop that repaired the coach. Accu-Max in Hammonton N.J. That was 3/26. I just got the check today! It did cover the total for the tow. Man that was a long time ago. So now we are running again, but still on lockdown for Covid19. Pa. Just opened private campgrounds, so a short trip may be taken soon. Glad this is over!!! Thanks for the help!
Old 05-04-2020, 07:36 PM   #13
Site Team

Wow! What an ordeal and huge time flow to get the repair completed. I guess things are slower now regardless, so no harm done in the long run, right? I haven't had the Eagle5 running for 2½ months, but I keep finding little project to do to her. Today, I was painting POR 15 anti-corrosion paint onto my house batteries hold-down bracket. But, I love that feeling when you pull out of your driveway with your motorhome packed with food & supplies and you're on your way. The vacation begins right at that moment, doesn't it? I suppose you know that better than anyone, being a 40-year veteran at this stuff.
So glad you have it fixed and happy trails; Eagle5
Old 05-31-2020, 01:41 PM   #14
Old Journey

Running Great. 3 short trips to Poconos and back. Can’t wait for the long trips after this Covid crap is over West coast will have to be 2021 I think

Tags
fuel