Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2006, 06:07 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

I had a phantom hydrolic drip from the right front of the rig that the dealer could not locate during three different trips. Finally a leaking "T" fitting was found in the HWH system and after replacement the drip seemed to have subsided.

Now a new issue popped up. The slides will creep out wether parked or moving. Usually only one will creep out, but it will move about 2" while sitting over night. I have even noted that the living slide will creep out slightly while on the road. We always hold the toggle switch for 3 or 4 seconds after full extension or retraction of the slide, so I know that the system has pressurized.

It sounds to me like a failing valve somewhere in the system. Any ideas guys??

Our Travel Blog www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickalaska
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 06:07 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I had a phantom hydrolic drip from the right front of the rig that the dealer could not locate during three different trips. Finally a leaking "T" fitting was found in the HWH system and after replacement the drip seemed to have subsided.

Now a new issue popped up. The slides will creep out wether parked or moving. Usually only one will creep out, but it will move about 2" while sitting over night. I have even noted that the living slide will creep out slightly while on the road. We always hold the toggle switch for 3 or 4 seconds after full extension or retraction of the slide, so I know that the system has pressurized.

It sounds to me like a failing valve somewhere in the system. Any ideas guys??

Old 10-18-2006, 07:02 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Sarge,

I think you are correct. It does sound like a failing valve but if it were me, I would call HWH immediately. They are incredibly helpful. About 6 months ago I had a problem with a slide that would not go back in. They were beyond helpful. Even after I got the slide fixed they called to make sure I was satisfied with the fix. They will work with you on the phone to try different trouble shooting processes to pin point the problem.

2006 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
AdrianLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 08:13 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I say it's dirt/contamination in their fluid, not a "bad valve" per se. Same goes for a jack that leaks down slightly overnight. I'm seeing the same issue now on my main livingroom/dinette slide. It's creeping out 1/2" while driving. (every 1/2 hour or so of driving, I touch the slide in button momentarily to draw it back). And my LF jack loses pressure (lowers about 1/2") overnight. Two different valves involved here, but one culprit I think: dirt in the fluid.
And you gotta use a turkey baster or something to suck the fluid out of the HWH reservoir; -there's no low point drain. You can re-use the fluid after passing it through a coffee filter. You'll be surprised at the amount of dirt and black paint flecks in the reservoir. My concern is that I'm not really cleaning all the system There's still fluid (and contaminants) left in the lines, the equalizer slide cylinder, and the bottom of the HWH reservoir. Not sure how to get it all clean....
Old 10-18-2006, 06:39 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Thanks, I may give them a call tomorrow and see what they advise.

Old 10-18-2006, 06:41 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

The same thing has happened to my unit and the dealer had to replace both solenoid valves to stop the slides from creeping out.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:15 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Sounds like it may be my issue as well. It's been about 2 days and the slide has crept out 4". That's quite a bit for me.......