Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2021, 07:38 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Hydraulic Jacks? 2005 Voyage

I have a 2005 Voyage that I can't get the jacks to come up. When the engine is started the all up light starts flashing red along with a beeping noise, that happens before the panel has been turned on. When I turn the panel on the noise stops but light keeps flashing, my jacks are down and will not come up. The control panel was replaced about a year ago. Any suggestions??
SJones
SJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:29 PM   #2
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Try this procedure. (Click to enlarge the image).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D66FAE6B-F2DA-4E4D-9F26-0FF3D23CBDEC.jpeg
Views:	151
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	179643  
Old 06-17-2021, 05:30 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the info but I'm unable to enlarge.
Old 06-17-2021, 09:37 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

The note says to hit "retract" and "enter" at the same time to clear error codes.

However, it may be worth doing a check of the fluid, if you have not. We have found that the fluid does make our system do weird things.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 05:24 PM   #5

OP: Did you get your jack to come up?

Can you provide a picture of your control panel.

This happened to me and I thought I was stuck too... with my jacks down. Then figured out the button/switch on the control panel was not working.

The button is a ground switch, so to bypass it all I did was use a voltage probe... and my jacks pressure in the HWH system "released" so the spring on each jack can pull the jacks off the ground.

All I did was to connect the probe ground wire to a GOOD CHASSIS GROUND and then you use the pointy end and touch the back of the "Down" Button or "Stow" Button or whatever your panel calls it. Maybe it's labeled "retract".

Note: Our HWH panels are not doubt different, but our panel buttons probably work on the same principle. I.e., it's just a ground switch!

Of course you need to have access to the back of your CB for this solution to work. Do you?

If it does work, before I send your board back to HWH for replacement, I would check your board ground; and if it is good then I think your only other option is to replace the control board.

And if you really don't want to spend $300-$350 to repair the CB, you could come up with a work-around ground switch. (Just a thought.) ...Just solder a jumper wire to a momentary switch and you are done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Control Panel AP42585 or AP39258.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	179745   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ground Jumper To Active Store Button.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	359.8 KB
ID:	179746  

imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 08:25 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for all your advice, I'm pretty sure I need a new contol panel so I'll get one ordered and hope for the best. I don't have a voltage probe or a way to solder so unfortunately it will cost me a new panel. At this point just getting it working is my biggest concern. Again thanks so much.
Susan
Old 06-25-2021, 01:45 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

How do I post pictures here?
Old 06-25-2021, 07:46 PM   #8

OP - SJones: Are you saying you still can't retract your Jacks?

Why not buy a $8 voltage probe at Walmart and learn how to use it?

You will feel real good if your jacks go down and then you know it is your hermetically sealed button on your touch panel. I.e., you can't repair these.

Have you tried pressing your problem "retract" button in all 4 quadrants (N,S,E and W) so maybe it will make contact with ground... and will release your jacks?
Old 06-26-2021, 08:22 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I can certainly purchase the voltage probe, easy enough. At one point the jacks would still go up, not sure now, didn't want to continue having them go up since nothing was making them go down. Will get the probe and see what happens. The back of my control panel is a smooth piece of metal, there are no wires, it has 2 pieces of plastic like tape strips coming out of it that plug into the actual workings of the jack module. There's really no place to touch for the all up button.
Old 06-26-2021, 11:26 AM   #10

To post pictures you need to press the "Go Advanced" button. Then press the "Manage Attachments" button.

Here's a few suggestions regarding your HWH switch problem.

* Remove and properly clean (or scratch with a razor blade) your HWH connector plug to the circuit board to make sure you have good connections; and then see if you Retract-Button-Switch works again.

* Use the voltage probe on the back of the CB if you can access it. If not, remove the CB from its mount and reattach the wire plug connector to the CB and see if you jack-retract-button works.

* If not, you might try using a Voltage Test Probe to activate the ground switch on the back side of the CB.

* The probe twill complete the circuit to ground and maybe your jacks will release, simulating the same condition as if you pressed the button.

In my case, I was lucky my HWH control panel was in a swing-down-cabinet; and when in the open position I could get to the board.

I can't see your board, but I can envision your board having a flat metal back, and I'm not surprised.

That said, it sounds like you know how to remove your board.

So if that is step #1, I might suggest you do that, and then do a little voltage probing.

You can't hurt the CB with a voltage probe. Why?

The probe is made with an LED light in the handle that lights up when you touch the pointy-end to +12V; and it does not light up when you touch it to a board ground. Try it out and you will immediately feel comfortable using it.

So why does a voltage probe work on a bad HWH switch?

Answer: Those flat buttons on the faceplate of the HWH control panel are "ground" based switches, and when they don't respond to your touch, it's often because the switch is not able to touch ground pads in the switch.

Further, you really cannot repair a bad button-switch, which is why you have to replace the whole CB.

Note: You are not actually touching the back of the switch on the CB. Rather, you want to touch either side of the diode located just above the button-switch.

Then if your jacks release you know your button switch has a grounding problem that probably can only be solved by replacing the CB.

If you discover your jacks retract using the probe, then I might suggest you drill an "access hole" in your flat metal plate, so you can have future access. This may save you all the trouble of retracting your jack by releasing the pressure at the HWH solenoid.
Old 06-27-2021, 05:12 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Did the 2005 Voyage come with the Kwikee jacks?
If so, there is an emergency retract procedure that uses a jumper. That jumper is usually found zip tied to the wiring harness that feeds the control panel. You will jumper out the panel and it sends a persistent "All Up" signal to the hydraulic system. Once the Jacks Down light clears, remove the jumper to prevent pump damage.

ETA - I have, on occasion, been able to clear the panel alarm by disconnecting the wiring plug with the power feed. After about two minutes, plugging it back in cleared the error.
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 07:17 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJones View Post
I have a 2005 Voyage that I can't get the jacks to come up. When the engine is started the all up light starts flashing red along with a beeping noise, that happens before the panel has been turned on. When I turn the panel on the noise stops but light keeps flashing, my jacks are down and will not come up. The control panel was replaced about a year ago. Any suggestions??
SJones

Before going to extremes though its good to review whether the parking brake is set and that the light on the dashboard indicating this is coming on. You could have something as simple as the parking brake not being engaged fully or the indicator light switch on the parking brake out of adjustment.
Old 06-27-2021, 10:27 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

TO ALL HWH HYDROLIC OWNERS.... KEEP THIS INFO: "STUART'S SERVICE"
Phone - 574-262-0225
I left message and waited 2 weeks for a HWH Tech to get back to me. A fiend told me about Stuart's, a mom and pop outfit in Elkhart that installs and repairs HWH Units. He asked me a fw questions, told me what I needed and how to install ( relief valve), the price and shipped that day!!!!!!!!
RiverGeneral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 10:51 PM   #14

RiverGeneral: When was the last time you talked with Stewart's?

...And BTW you do know Stewart's does not perform service, right? They are just a parts house; but if you are lucky enough to speak to the old man (no disrespects) and he is willing to help you out, then consider yourself lucky.

Tags
jacks, hydraulic, voyage