Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-05-2010, 07:12 AM   #21
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesBoy View Post
Slammer
I see your comments on the other tread about PG jacks. Ive had hydraulic jacks before and yes they do fail but not as often as PG jacks which only work 10% of the time, if that. Since the day I owned the rig I havent had an extended trip with the jacks working. In March 2010 we went down to Arizona for 5 weeks and on day 3 of our trip down the PG jacks broke down. The owner of the RV dealership where I bought the rig tried his best to get the part to us (which they eventually did) but we couldnt find anyone to do the work because all RV repair shop are very busy and we were on the move every week to a different area. Now I on a 3 week trip and left the RV shop with the jacks still not working. Very frustrating and the owner of the RV shop are very frustrated also especially when PG hangs up on them when they were trying to resolve the problem.
Were you planning to do the work this year? I have an appointment with my RV dealer when I get back and I'll let you know what they have to say about the likelihood of ever resolving the PG problem permanently or if they are going to give up. Lucky I have extended warranty that is covering all the costs so far.
Keep in touch.
Wes
Wes, I cannot stand by and listen to your bashing of PG without a response. Your's only worked 10% of the time. Mine had one brake that needed to be replaced in 15,000 miles. You have obviously done something to yours as noted in the other thread that you always disconnect all the wires in the control board. That's wrong and you have suffered because of it. There have been revisions that have taken care of most of the original issues and we have found ways to revise the rest and have all but eliminated the past issues.

I find it more interesting that you posted an honest dialogue of emails with HWH, where they admitted to you that their service has been severely reduced and other problems they are experiencing and then when you decided to purchase their product YOU DELETED that post so as not to bad mouth a product that you're buying. Yet (because of most of your own doing ) you continue to blast PG.

I had wished you good luck when you made your decision and continue to do so.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:33 PM   #22
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifftall View Post
Wes, I cannot stand by and listen to your bashing of PG without a response. Your's only worked 10% of the time. Mine had one brake that needed to be replaced in 15,000 miles. You have obviously done something to yours as noted in the other thread that you always disconnect all the wires in the control board. That's wrong and you have suffered because of it. There have been revisions that have taken care of most of the original issues and we have found ways to revise the rest and have all but eliminated the past issues.

I find it more interesting that you posted an honest dialogue of emails with HWH, where they admitted to you that their service has been severely reduced and other problems they are experiencing and then when you decided to purchase their product YOU DELETED that post so as not to bad mouth a product that you're buying. Yet (because of most of your own doing ) you continue to blast PG.

I had wished you good luck when you made your decision and continue to do so.
Clifftall
Sorry for sounding like I bashing PG but when you dish out the money we paid for this rig you would expect better. Part of the problem is FW but after the warranty runs out they wash their hands of the problem. Im telling you how it is very frustrating for me and the dealer I bought the rig from. Ever component in my PG has been changed, boot with proper straps, wire harness, control pad, control box, several motors and brakes. All this work has been done by my RV mechanic. Luckly I have extended warranty until 2013. With the exception of this trip I have never touch any part of the system. Before I left the mechanic showed me how to lower and raise the jacks manually at the control box. We have done it once and thats it. We are not even using the jack now have to level the rig using blocks, very impressive for a Class A. Now Im not a mechanic but when the owner and the mechanics of a major RV dealership are at wits end to solve the problem then who is not PG. PG hangs up on them. Now tell me what I should do. Maybe take a course on how to replace parts on the jacks routinely or rebuild them into a better system. This is not what I paid for. We are all entitled to our own opinion and I tell it how it is. When I hear from several professional mechanic across North America tell me that they are have numerous problems with the PG jacks who should I believe? Enough said.
WesBoy is offline   Reply With Quote