Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2006, 08:39 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

A couple of weeks ago I took my rig to the dealer to diagnose my slides creeping out on the MH. It took em a while, but they finally figured out that a vavle was bad in the HWH Hydrolic system and needed replacement. I picked up the rig as I didn't want to wait for the part.

Turns out that was a good call on my part. I called yesterday to find out what was going on as I had not heard from them. I learned that the estimated arrival date for the part from HWH is Dec 15!! Three and a half weeks to deliver a part?? And not a big part at that.

Anyone else have that kind of experience with HWH?? The last time I had to wait for a part was from HWH as well, and that took over a week for the dealer to receive the part, which was a "T" fitting that needed replaced. As much stuff as they make for RV's and they don't have any spare parts laying around??

Our Travel Blog www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickalaska
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 08:39 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

A couple of weeks ago I took my rig to the dealer to diagnose my slides creeping out on the MH. It took em a while, but they finally figured out that a vavle was bad in the HWH Hydrolic system and needed replacement. I picked up the rig as I didn't want to wait for the part.

Turns out that was a good call on my part. I called yesterday to find out what was going on as I had not heard from them. I learned that the estimated arrival date for the part from HWH is Dec 15!! Three and a half weeks to deliver a part?? And not a big part at that.

Anyone else have that kind of experience with HWH?? The last time I had to wait for a part was from HWH as well, and that took over a week for the dealer to receive the part, which was a "T" fitting that needed replaced. As much stuff as they make for RV's and they don't have any spare parts laying around??

Old 11-30-2006, 10:22 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Never waited longer than a week. 4 times we had to have parts.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:50 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I ordered a control panel through my dealer. I told them I needed it right away but that ground UPS would be fine if they'd ship it out. My dealer had it drop shipped direct to me and it was here in 2 days.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 03:52 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Well, I got a call from my dealer today. The part is in, so the wait time went from 3 1/2 weeks to almost 2 weeks. Better, but not great. Now if I can just get my dealer to put the dang thing in without excessive delay........

Old 11-30-2006, 04:06 PM   #6
gMw
Winnebago Owner

The people I talked to at HWH were great, friendly, and very helpful.

I had called HWH, prior to taking the motorhome in for service, to verify a leaky hose was under warranty, and got a HWH customer number. After taking my motorhome in to have the leaky rear slide hoses replaced. Dealer told me HWH was slow to ship parts, I'd have to wait over a week to get the motorhome back. So I called HWH, and was informed they'd shipped the parts over night express, and HWH gave me the tracking number! Next calls were to the dealer's sales and service managers. My motorhome was promptly repaired and returned to me...
gMw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 03:28 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

I have had parts shipped from HWH promptly every time. If I go through a dealer it takes forever. I found out dealer batched his orders and had them ship all at once. Not HWH's fault.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:57 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Had a rear jack intermittantly leaking almost since rig was new. I should have had it replaced prior to warentee expiring. Removed the jack around the first of Nov, sent it directly to HWH. Received a new jack in less than two weeks. Works great. Warentee expired about 5 months ago and I couldn't convince them to warentee it even tho I had called previously on this problem and it has been leaking intermittently since it was new. Timely service, just cost me the bucks.

Happy with the HWH, except when the rig was new I had to tighten a couple of loose HWH connections.... No leaks since then.
Roadking is offline   Reply With Quote