Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-07-2016, 08:19 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

HWH leveling jack

I have a hwh leveling jack leaking on 2002 Brave. The jack number is AP 15891. Is there a repair kit available for this or do I have to buy a new jack? It is leaking at the cylinder.
Thank you for any help.
bjfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 08:51 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjfc View Post
I have a hwh leveling jack leaking on 2002 Brave. The jack number is AP 15891. Is there a repair kit available for this or do I have to buy a new jack? It is leaking at the cylinder.
Thank you for any help.
You can send it off to HWH for rebuilding. just installed one on my drivers side front.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 09:42 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

We had a HWH jack seal leaking a few years ago. We are about 5 hours driving distance from them so we made an appointment at the factory. If I remember correctly they replaced the jack with a rebuilt and they took the old one for rebuilding. That is the only HWH problem we have had on our current rig. I believe sending your old jack to them for rebuilding is the way to go if you are not within driving distance.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:13 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

As I remember I ordered a jack and they just happened to have a rebuilt one and they sold that one to me. Still have the old one so if my other side starts acting up I will send that one for rebuilding. If they have a rebuilt in stock they will sell you one or you can just buy a new one.

I don't remember the price but I thought it was reasonable.

To rebuild you have to cut a weld and then re-weld so a little difficult to rebuild your self.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
Old 08-09-2016, 10:44 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjfc View Post
Thank you for any help.
bjfc,
The HWH leveling jack, is a JACK. It can be rebuilt or re-sealed by any qualified hydraulics service center/station. That's what those independant hydraulic places do, is service ANY jack/hose/fittings/ etc. If you feel you must use HWH seals or rebuild kits, then you'll more than likely have to send the entire jack back to them. When I called them on an issue I was having with a bedroom slide ram, the specifically told me THEY DO NOT SEND OUT ANY SEALS/SEALING COMPONENT PARTS!!! Good luck.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:54 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the info. I will look into a hydraulic repair shop to fix this.
bjfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:29 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quick question, if I place wood blocks under the coack jacks, will they be able to lift the coach long enough for me to place jack stands under it to work under the coach?
ke4jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:32 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke4jr View Post
Quick question, if I place wood blocks under the coack jacks, will they be able to lift the coach long enough for me to place jack stands under it to work under the coach?
The jacks will lift the front off the ground with no problem. However Winnebago & Freightliner cautioned me not to raise any of the axels off the ground with the jacks because it places the weight of the axels on the air bags. When I hake my Horizon into the shop for its annual service and inspection they lift my coach off the ground with lifts that lift on the wheels and not the frame. If you don't have air bags I suspect it would be ok to lift the axel off the ground.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:59 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke4jr View Post
I would go ahead and put your info into your signature. I see you only have a few post. That way someone does not have to guess at what you have.

As a general rule never trust a hydraulic jack by itself before getting under. If you can put your blocks under without scooting underneath that would be ok. In general investment into a good bottle jack and stands may help and keep you from damaging your air bags and shocks. For example to raise my front tires off the ground an inch the jacks may have to raise the MH body a foot.....not good. With a bottle jack jacking up a few inches raises the tires immediately.

Sometimes I place quite a few safety devices underneath just in case since I am not going to be crushed by a MH... So take your time and be safe.
Welcome to the forum
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors

Tags
hwh, leveling