Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-27-2021, 03:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

HWH Levelers Stuck 2011 Journey Express 34Y

Problem: Went to retrieve 2011 Journey 34y from storage to take New Years trip.
Unit have been stored little over a month. Levelers had been down due to a slide repair problem. ( now fixed) Pressed auto store and front levelers came up, rears came up about 6- 7 inches and stopped. leaving the two small red warning lights on, on the control panel. Tried to reverse by pressing auto level , no response. Retried auto retract, no response, Tried manual retract of rear levelers, still no response. Checked fluid level, OK.
Anyone have a similar problem that can be corrected, before having to take it in for repairs. Thanks for your assistance
Old 01-27-2022, 09:56 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I would guess by now you have solved the problem, I have one jack on the drivers side rear that won't retract, I believe it is a weak spring, going to put new springs on it soon. In the mean time, I carry a four foot pipe and a chunk of 2 x 4 or two and use the pipe under the jack hit the store button, and pry the jack back up. It works, and from what I have read, all indications are the weak springs.
Hope this helps, get the model number off the label on your jack and call HWH they will then know what springs to send, if you need them.
Hope this helps
Chaffeekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 02:05 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Another thing that helps a lot is to extend the jacks and clean the exposed cylinders with wd40. when they are hanging out in the breeze so to speak any number of contaminants can adhere to the nice shiny surface of tour jack. For what it is worth it takes much longer for my rear jacks to store as well. This is probably because the rear jacks are rated for a lot more weight than the fronts.
Old 02-28-2022, 05:33 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Update on mine. Ordered and received HWH R3847 Springs for my unit. I installed them in about an hour this morning. Had to scrape ice off my concrete but its gonna get warm one of these days.

Anyway, armed with the knowledge that I had gleaned from this forum and YouTube, I used my angle grinder and cut the hook off the old spring and removed them, course the foot of the jack falls off

Took the new springs and holding with a couple of little scrap pieces of wood, held the new spring by the hook in my vice, didn't want to scuff up the paint. Bend them over and insert small pieces of wood 1/8th inch ply into the coils of the springs.

Back to the unit and put one spring on and the bottom hook holding the jack foot hooked the other one up. Extended the jacks and removed all the wood, and hit the Stow button. WOOHOO, up it went, don't have to carry that piece of pipe and two by fours anymore. Liked it so much I have now ordered another set to replace the springs on the passenger side. Happy Camper

Safe Travels
Chaffeekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 10:01 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Had the very same problem. Front came up, rear about 1/2 way. Tried a floor jack I carry just for that. Wouldn't budge. Had to crack the line at the pump to relieve pressure, came right up. Thinking electrical but no bad fuses. Really stumped. BTW I have new springs on all four.
Old 03-06-2022, 12:29 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Have you tried contacting azpete? He's a Winnieowner who's also an HWH employee who's helped many of us out. You can PM (Private Message) him here with your question:

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ete-13211.html
BobC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 05:11 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Sounds like a bad solenoid valve. When you say cracked the line do you mean loosened the hose?
Old 03-07-2022, 09:04 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

And here are some more links:

https://www.hwhcorp.com/winnebago2017_diagrams.html

According to the above, you have the 725 system. Here's a link to the service manual:

https://www.hwhcorp.com/ml48380.pdf

You can find the owners manual here:

https://www.hwhcorp.com/ml54800_gene...LIC_and_or_AIR

If it is a solenoid valve, HWH was out of them in Nov 2021. I was able to purchase mine from Stuart's Service:

HWH Replacement Parts - Stuart's Services

They were great on the phone and shipping was fast and economical.

Good luck.
BobC is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, journey, levelers