Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2016, 07:40 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

HWH Jacks

My rear passenger jack is getting very hard raise even with a big, manual, two by four assist. I have tried cleaning, new springs, etc over the past two years but in general its getting worse (however once in a while it will work perfectly). I think I am going to pull it off and get it rebuilt.

So here is my question. In trying to trouble shoot the problem I noticed the T-valve on one solenoid is stuck (broke the handle off trying to force it). This solenoid has a green label and appears to be for the front passenger jack. This jack often works fine as do the other two only occasionally needing a minor manual assist. Should I be looking at replacing the solenoid as well?

Thanks for any suggestions.
twier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 05:23 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

rpl solenoid

[QUITE=twier;3141579]My rear passenger jack is getting very hard raise even with a big, manual, two by four assist. I have tried cleaning, new springs, etc over the past two years but in general its getting worse (however once in a while it will work perfectly). I think I am going to pull it off and get it rebuilt.

So here is my question. In trying to trouble shoot the problem I noticed the T-valve on one solenoid is stuck (broke the handle off trying to force it). This solenoid has a green label and appears to be for the front passenger jack. This jack often works fine as do the other two only occasionally needing a minor manual assist. Should I be looking at replacing the solenoid as well?

Thanks for any suggestions.[/QUOTE]

Yes
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 06:21 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

A trip to HWH might be the easiest way to solve your problems. They are very good at fixing any problem with the jacks and slideouts that they build. They are also very reasonable on the charges.
Good Luck,
Indiana Journey
indiana journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 06:30 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiana journey View Post
A trip to HWH might be the easiest way to solve your problems. They are very good at fixing any problem with the jacks and slideouts that they build. They are also very reasonable on the charges.
Good Luck,
Indiana Journey
X2 and not too far from MN (Moscow, IA).
Old 07-02-2016, 08:12 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Since you have already replaced the springs and the jack does retract with a little help I would suspect the solenoid may be causing the problem. I would call HWH technical support and determine the exact cause. Then I would purchase the parts directly from HWH.
bsamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 02:06 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Probably a good idea to go back to HWH. I stopped there two years ago on the way home to get a leaking fitting fixed. One hour and $56. Can't beat that.
twier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 02:09 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

They have overnight sites and they'll take you to lunch . Nice people.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 03:11 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

When I called HWH factory for some troubleshooting help they took my phone number but it was 1.5 weeks before they got back to me.

I strongly suggest contacting "azpete" on this forum. He works for HWH at the rv rallies around the country. He's Paul Maddox 602-549-3638 and is very knowledgeable on the typical problems with the jack and the controller. Paul helped me twice in the last 4 yrs and was spot on with the fix both times. You can also get your parts from Stuarts, good prices and quick delivery.
Old 07-02-2016, 03:21 PM   #9

I called Paul a couple years ago when we were experiencing problems with HWH system. he asked a bunch of questions and I got the answers for him and he walked me through the repairs. Haven't had a problem since and the units are 22 years old.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 06:44 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I "dropped" in twice without an appointment because of problems experienced while traveling and was taken care of very promptly and professionally. Fortunately, my normal routing to visit family in Indiana takes me right by the HWH facility.
US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 06:56 PM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

I had their fully automatic levelers installed at their factory in March of this year, and was told that I can return anytime for an annual inspection, free of charge (they would appreciate you making an appointment first, of course), and, if out of warranty, I would only pay for replacement parts if any need was found, and there would be no labor charge. When I asked how long that offer was good for, they said, "as long as you own the unit". Can't hardly beat that!
shiloh14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 01:46 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

I'm also a supporter of calling Paul Mattox (mentioned above). He sure helped me last month with HWH problems I was having.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, jacks