Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2019, 03:34 PM   #1
Itasca owner

HWH jack/slide problem

My 2006 Itasca Suncruiser (same as Adventurer) jacks suddenly quit working but the slides work perfectly. I hear the motor running, the jacks creep down a few inches but thats all. Fluid level fine, batteries up full (still the same on shore power or with engine running). Any suggestions from others that might have had the same issue?

I've sent in a tech request to HWH to see if they might help. Their on-line hydraulic schematics don't show my model 625 with jack/slide installation, I've looked all over their site. My older 2002 had a shuttle valve issue that I fixed but I don't think thats the problem on this one.
Old 09-18-2019, 11:37 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Hi -
If I understand correctly. HWH is taking weeks to respond to requests for assistance.
Many folks have had much greater success with Stuart's. HWH Replacement Parts - Stuart's Services
I'd suggest giving them a call. Best of luck.
ziaptrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 10:05 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Hi Jerry,
Any response from HWH on this?
I have an 2001 Adventurer with a "sticky" rear jack that I can't seem to find much help on.
Thanks
John
benefishall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 02:12 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I suggest you send a private message to azpete. He's a Winnieowners.com member who works for HWH and has helped out a number of us:

Winnebago Owners Online Community - View Profile: azpete

Does this help or is this what you already researched ? https://www.hwhcorp.com/winnebago2006_diagrams.html

Also, I've found HWH to be helpful over the phone, so if you haven't tried calling, call them.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 03:50 PM   #5
Itasca owner

BobC, thanks-thats the hydraulic dwg I never found on HWH site. So far I've pulled the cover, tested all 10 fuses (didn't expect any bad ones), went on a WIT outing but didn't need jacks luckily. I called and wrote Stuarts and he said it looks like the shuttle valve. I ordered one and it's arriving tomorrow. I'll post the outcome of that, it's only $80 if it doesn't work. HWH has not answered yet. If no workie, I'll email azpete. Thanks to all for the help so far.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:33 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Bob, That helps.
I just got back from outside and that jack is very difficult to lift back up once down all the way. I've been reading that a "twisted seal" is the most common issue in these older jacks, so I'm guessing that's my issue.

Sorry to hijack your post Jerry and hope that your new shuttle valve fixes your issue. I'll contact AZ Pete and see if he can offer any suggestions.

Thanks for all the help!
John
Old 09-29-2019, 07:07 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2003 adventurer and slies work fine, jacks don't work at all. Don't hear the pump. At the same ti,e drivers power window quit and power mirror quit. Any one know of a fuse that controls all or possible bad panel?
James Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 07:44 PM   #8
Itasca owner

Good news! I ordered a new shuttle valve ($100 total, Stuarts) and put it in this afternoon. Now the jacks work perfectly as they should. Slides never were a problem but they also work normally. Only slight problem is a small 90 deg flare fitting on top that could not unscrew because of another screw in the way. I just sawed off the top of the screw and was able to unscrew the fitting. Just another note, I took apart a previous bad shuttle valve from my other rv but didn't see anything out of the ordinary but it had failed. I guess the clue that this is the problem, is that the pump runs but the jacks or slides barely move. I feel sorry for folks that don't or can't work on these things themselves, that would have been at least several hundred dollars and who knows how long in the shop. I never did hear from HWH but don't need them now.

Note to James Black, yours sounds like a different issue. No connection between the window/mirror and the jacks. If the slides work that indicates that the HWH system is powered. If you're sure the pump is not running, I suppose it could be a fuse but not sure. It might still be the shuttle valve. My '02 Adventurer had all that stuff under the hood. My 06 Itasca has it underneath behind the drivers door, very easy to get at when the slide is out. You can find out the model of your control and some troubleshooting tips from their site.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:29 PM   #9
Itasca owner

Benefishall (sorry, I just saw your pm), my jack issue was all of them-no power to get the jacks moving except for a small amount of creep. When I bought this rv they all were slow to raise back, took several minutes for them all to go up. The previous owner bought all new springs, I replaced 2 of the slowest and it didn't do a whole lot of good. I lubed the ram by spraying WD40 all over them and it made a huge difference. You might try that before you do anything major. Your system I think is also a 625, troubleshooting guide is on the HWH site.
Old 10-03-2019, 05:29 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Jerry,
I sprayed and wiped and then sprayed again and wiped again with no success. My issue is only the one Jack (Drivers rear). I called HWH and haven't received a call back yet.
Called a couple RV places around and 1 didn't "work on mechanical issues"???? and the other doesn't touch anything older than 10 years, so...
Not really sure how to approach it yet.

Thanks for the feedback
Old 10-03-2019, 09:27 AM   #11
Itasca owner

Here's the link to the troubleshooting manual which may help, item 15 seems to address your problem. I think you prob have the 625 system like mine. It may be a bad solenoid issue but I'm no expert. Maybe Stuarts service can help over the phone and send you a new part.

https://www.hwhcorp.com/ml35963.pdf
Old 10-03-2019, 10:40 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Jerry, Hopefully I can get to this tonight and post if it fixed my issue.
Can't thank you enough!

John

Tags
hwh, jacks, slide