Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-19-2016, 05:57 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

HWH jack sensor leaking

I have a HWH 625 system and a jack (AP37609-2265) is leaking from one of the sensors on the top. The service advisor is selling me a whole new jack at the cost of $400. She says that the jack and switches "come as a unit". Does anyone know if this is right? Also, 3 weeks delivery. What gives?
PORCHDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:08 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

look at the parts section of the hwh website. it shows the sensor as a separate part.
if a part has a part number, and is shown as a separate piece, it should be available.
you are getting incorrect information. please contact me at 602-549-3638
i can furnish the correct part number
i do work for hwh. i do not sell parts or solicit service on this forum.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:58 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

AZPETE...I have emailed the service advisor asking for a confirmation of my understanding that the sensors are not available individually and that the entire jack must be replaced as a unit. I am quite sure that is what she told me but it can't hurt to check with her before I get my shorts in a wad. I had it in for the same problem a couple of weeks ago and they said that they "tightened a loose fitting" but it still leaked when I got on the road. No, I didn't check to see if it was leaking before I left on a long trip. This is a big high dollar dealer but I am afraid I have lost confidence in them. I will keep you posted.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:38 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I got a reply from the service advisor, she reaffirms that the sensors are not available except as a jack unit. I told her to replace the jack as long as the individual sensors are not available, otherwise just replace leaking sensors. We will see what happens next. Maybe sensors are not available to them. Cost of the part is $347.36 total for the job is $577.61.
Old 10-19-2016, 05:22 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by PORCHDOG View Post
AZPETE...I have emailed the service advisor asking for a confirmation of my understanding that the sensors are not available individually and that the entire jack must be replaced as a unit. I am quite sure that is what she told me but it can't hurt to check with her before I get my shorts in a wad. I had it in for the same problem a couple of weeks ago and they said that they "tightened a loose fitting" but it still leaked when I got on the road. No, I didn't check to see if it was leaking before I left on a long trip. This is a big high dollar dealer but I am afraid I have lost confidence in them. I will keep you posted.
In my humble opinion, you should listen to AZPETE, he is HWH and very much helped me with HWH, answering questions and providing parts.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 03:19 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

1ciderdog I called AZPETE and he is being very helpful.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:42 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Special thanks to azpete for helping me with my problem. He identified the part, located it and got it to me in just 3 days. This is the same part that the RV repair facility said was not available alone And had to be purchased as part of the jack assembly. Now I just have to get under there and change it out. Thanks again azpete.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:14 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Sorry to report that I installed the new switch and O ring and it still leaks. I am going to bite the bullet and have the dealer install a new jack.
Old 10-30-2016, 06:23 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Well, I got the new jack installed and the leak is fixed. FYI, the new jack DID NOT come with a new sensor which I now know is the "jack down" sensor, nor the other sensor at the bottom. The HWH parts sheet clearly states that. The service advisor misrepresented that to me. We had to use the sensor I got from azpete. When we got ready for the bill, the service manager gave me a nice discount on the price and I am satisfied. Now I hope that is all I hear about the jack leak. Again, thanks to azpete for his help.
Old 10-30-2016, 11:39 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Happy to hear the problem is resolved.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 04:08 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Please report the malfeasance and misrepresentation by the service person to your state's consumer protection group. And/or the state attorney general.

Also, do us all in the RV community a favor and review this shop on RVServiceReviews.com.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 09:25 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
look at the parts section of the hwh website. it shows the sensor as a separate part.
if a part has a part number, and is shown as a separate piece, it should be available.
you are getting incorrect information. please contact me at 602-549-3638
i can furnish the correct part number
i do work for hwh. i do not sell parts or solicit service on this forum.
Hi AZPete,
I have an issue maybe you could help me with. We put our HWH jacks down Saturday night. Sunday morning the front driver side Jack had lost pressure and would not retract. There was a puddle of fluid on the Jack pad. The other 3 seem fine. Any thoughts on what this could be? We bought the 1998 HR Endeavor on Friday! No warranty of ought it has not left the dealers lot for anything more than a 5 mile test drive.

Thanks
Jim Jones
Old 10-30-2016, 10:08 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Also - when the jacks went down they do not go down at the same time. Front or rear. For example, I lowered the rears to add stability (the front was the low side) and waited until the sound and jerk that the jacks hit the ground. Looked under the rear and only one was on the ground. Had to keep pushing the rear down on the joystick to get the other one to hit the ground. Not sure if the other rear one went down more while waiting on the other side to put a little pressure for the desired stability.
Jim
Old 10-31-2016, 04:49 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

I complained to the service manager and got a significant reduction in the price.

Tags
hwh, leak