Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-15-2008, 03:33 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

This is the season for repairs as it is temperature comfortable here in Florida. For a few months now I have had no right rear (RR) LED jacks down indicator lamp at the HWH 325 series control panel. I don't think that is a big deal as I never roll without visually confirming that the jacks are up and it is a little obvious if one isn't down. Nevertheless, I like things to work. So I set about troubleshooting thinking that it was probably nothing more then the plug at the jack.

But it wasn't the plug; and it wasn't the signal or ground wire. At that point I called HWH and spoke with a technician and they were very helpful. The HWH control box in our 2004 Journey 36G is mounted under the stair but the control board is very visible through a handy plastic window cover that faces toward the front of the MH. Since I have not previously worked with this it was an interesting experience. At the direction of HWH I pushed back the rubber gasket that holds the plastic window in place. I thought the window would be fastened but not so. The plastic window was stuck to an interior gasket, probably just from heat. I carefully pried it off with a small screwdriver.

There are four yellow LED lamps mounted on the board that indicate the signal received to the board. The third one down is the RR jack signal and it was not illuminated. So I placed a ground on pin number 9 of the plug that hooks the signal wire to the board and still no illumination. HWH said that means the control board has a fault. Given that the control board cost about $300 to have repaired, I am going to let it slide until I get more motivated or if the board fails.

As an aside, I have added lubricating the large rubber gasket that holds in place the see-thru plastic window box cover to help extend its life to our maintenance list. It sits right at the front of the MH, underneath the bumper so it is somewhat protected but for sure it is out of sight out of mind. At least it had no dead bug splats. I use the 303 product which seems to do a good job on rubber and holds up pretty well.

'10 Phaeton 36 QSH-
SteveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 03:33 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

This is the season for repairs as it is temperature comfortable here in Florida. For a few months now I have had no right rear (RR) LED jacks down indicator lamp at the HWH 325 series control panel. I don't think that is a big deal as I never roll without visually confirming that the jacks are up and it is a little obvious if one isn't down. Nevertheless, I like things to work. So I set about troubleshooting thinking that it was probably nothing more then the plug at the jack.

But it wasn't the plug; and it wasn't the signal or ground wire. At that point I called HWH and spoke with a technician and they were very helpful. The HWH control box in our 2004 Journey 36G is mounted under the stair but the control board is very visible through a handy plastic window cover that faces toward the front of the MH. Since I have not previously worked with this it was an interesting experience. At the direction of HWH I pushed back the rubber gasket that holds the plastic window in place. I thought the window would be fastened but not so. The plastic window was stuck to an interior gasket, probably just from heat. I carefully pried it off with a small screwdriver.

There are four yellow LED lamps mounted on the board that indicate the signal received to the board. The third one down is the RR jack signal and it was not illuminated. So I placed a ground on pin number 9 of the plug that hooks the signal wire to the board and still no illumination. HWH said that means the control board has a fault. Given that the control board cost about $300 to have repaired, I am going to let it slide until I get more motivated or if the board fails.

As an aside, I have added lubricating the large rubber gasket that holds in place the see-thru plastic window box cover to help extend its life to our maintenance list. It sits right at the front of the MH, underneath the bumper so it is somewhat protected but for sure it is out of sight out of mind. At least it had no dead bug splats. I use the 303 product which seems to do a good job on rubber and holds up pretty well.

'10 Phaeton 36 QSH-
Old 02-15-2008, 04:24 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I'm with you Steve - I like for stuff to work properly, but for 300 bucks I think I could learn to live with a non-functioning jack down light.

Anyway, the important LED is the green ready to travel light.

Thanks for the report.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:24 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Steve,
Check this link, you'll find some interesting data. http://hwh-europe.com/index.php?option=com_content&task...d=18#Repair%20 Sheets
US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:13 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Wow Fleetman great find! Now I just need to wade through all the numbers and try to sort out what is what. Wondering if the US side had anything, I found something similiar on the US web site. I'll have to compare. Maybe the US site is more USA product specific. Thanks for the info.

Technical Information
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3500 Sprinter Installation Pictures & Information

Service Manuals
Installation Diagrams and Information - New
Schematics and Flow Diagrams - New
Educational Manuals
Instruction Sheets
Repair Sheets (Quick Reference)
OEM Specific Information
Room Extension Cylinder Replacement, Mechanism
Jack Mounting Bracket Catalog (with diagrams)
Wire Standards
Abbreviations & Naming Conventions
System Diagnostics via Email - Dealers/Service Centers - New

'10 Phaeton 36 QSH-
Old 02-16-2008, 11:39 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Steve,
I've downloaded and printed off a number of the pdf files from that site. From what I can see, the information there directly corresponds with the 625 system as installed on my coach. That is the most succinct listing of HWH information I have found so far.
US Gear UBS
Old 02-16-2008, 02:58 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

I suggest getting the HWH service manuals and schematics from HWH's US website. It's been online for years.

http://www.hwhcorp.com/

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:12 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Using Tom's link, you will then select "customer support and technical service" and then select "technical information" --- has a full listing of several of the same topics as found on the European site.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:32 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
great info .
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:50 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Tom,
The drawings/schematics and numbers are the same on both sites. I cross checked those that apply to my coach.
US Gear UBS
Old 02-16-2008, 09:17 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Ouch! Getting a migraine flipping through all the model #'s..

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote