Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2008, 07:05 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2004 Journey that I purchased new and had problem with the hydralic ever since. All the jacks have been replaced except one. Which is not working right,now. Pump assembley reworked. Hose and fitting replaced. On the rear slide had a cylinder replaced and now it's setting in the back yard with the other rear slide cylinder gone. $500.00 for labor on that and maybe they will warranty the rebuild on the cylinder. On the front slide the nylon guide is busted. It semm that every trip I make something goes wrong with this system. Had it repaired at GNR one time and the nexts day I had to have them back to repair a busted hose. I got a pile of work orders. I have sent them four E-mails and never got a return on any of them. Calling them is the only way. The problem never seem to stop. For me if I ever get another coach it want have there system on it. ARE there anyone else having this problem with HWH system?
Randy Chesnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:05 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2004 Journey that I purchased new and had problem with the hydralic ever since. All the jacks have been replaced except one. Which is not working right,now. Pump assembley reworked. Hose and fitting replaced. On the rear slide had a cylinder replaced and now it's setting in the back yard with the other rear slide cylinder gone. $500.00 for labor on that and maybe they will warranty the rebuild on the cylinder. On the front slide the nylon guide is busted. It semm that every trip I make something goes wrong with this system. Had it repaired at GNR one time and the nexts day I had to have them back to repair a busted hose. I got a pile of work orders. I have sent them four E-mails and never got a return on any of them. Calling them is the only way. The problem never seem to stop. For me if I ever get another coach it want have there system on it. ARE there anyone else having this problem with HWH system?
Old 01-16-2008, 07:27 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
that is why i had the QUADRA Big Foot installed on my m/h . each jack has it's own motor and all fully hydraulic system with 5 years full warranty. No if or buts about it. . each jack lifts 17,000 lbs at each corner either 17 or 19 or 21 inch lifts. I when to the 21 inch on 14 inch pads., you never know if you get stuck in a ditch or in a very uneven site and have to get the front off the ground wheels and all. been there , done that. Of course i always bring 2 x 6 boards to place under the front tire to relieved the shocks on the front when i get in places like that. it happen only twice and i try to avoid those spots.
very pleased and never had a problem with them . And no stupid springs to return them back up. All hydraulic.
i had them installed on my other coach it only weights 16,000 lbs class A , 31 ft in case you are wondering.THOR Hurricane on ford chassis with v-10 362 hp 5 speed
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:33 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Randy;

Sorry to hear of your problems. I have had HWH on my last 3 motor homes with very few problems. You should not have all these problems. I think it would be worth your time to call HWH and make an appointment to go to the factory and have them go over your system. You will be surprised at the level of service you will receive. You will leave a Happy Camper. If you do a search you will find lots of positive remarks on HWH.

Good Luck;
Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:38 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

If you have not contacted HWH direct then you should. They have one of the finest Customer Service Departments of any Company I have ever done business with.
Many problems that people have is caused by the original installation of the equipment, which is not installed by HWH.
I would urge you to contact HWH direct and if possible, go to their plant and get your system repaired.

Full Time 2003 Journey DL
CaptChet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 12:45 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Capt. Chet:
If you have not contacted HWH direct then you should. They have one of the finest Customer Service Departments of any Company I have ever done business with.
Many problems that people have is caused by the original installation of the equipment, which is not installed by HWH.
I would urge you to contact HWH direct and if possible, go to their plant and get your system repaired. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll second this. My bedroom slide had a know problem that HWH had published in a bulletin several years ago. The dealer in Florida, was totally incompetant did not keep up on the bulletins and is now reparing it for the forth time. This time they will be geting it right, I hope, as I brought the bulletin with me and told them they had to call HWH before making any repairs.

HWH is being great about it paying five hours labor and providing all the parts for a system that is seven years old.

The dealer LazyDays in Sefner, Florida is not willing to budge and wants three more hours labor than HWH says it should take to do the work. I put it to the dealer that since we are still reparing a problem that they have supposedly repaired three times over during the past two years but have not done correctly due to their own incompetance, should they not provide all or at least part of the additional $360 labor at no charge, however at this time they are not willing to discuss the matter.

HWH is just fine always willing to go above and beyound.

Many/most dealers don't hold to the same ethics and are most often the cause of your problems with unskilled staff working on things that they are not quaiified to work on making things worse then they were at the beginning. That they charge you $120 an hour for unskilled techs or techs without the proper training to do the repairs just adds to the insult.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:16 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

I don't know why the dealers and Manufacturer's can't get together on the labor stuff. Course I guess the Manufacturer's think the dealers have the same personnel they do and can do it just as fast. NOT SO. Always seems to be a battle and we are caught in the middle..Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:04 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Randy,
As Capt. Chet suggested, if there is any way you can take your rig to the factory - do so. It will be time and money well spent and you should get your problem resolved properly. Most of us have had one problem or another with an HWH component but they really do stand behind their product. Service sells!
US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:25 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

HWH is a great company to deal with in my experience.

Shortly after buying my MH I had problems with the BR slide not staying in just before I was leaving for a trip. After a few calls it was determined that it was a defective valve that needed to be replaced. No dealer locally had the part in stock so HWH talked me through a way to manually release the pressure so I could leave on my trip. They also sent me the part to the location I was going to (no dealer close by) and when I received the part they talked me through how to install it. Took about 30 minutes.

Have not had a problem with my HWH jacks or slide hydraulics since. The customer service I got from them when I did have a problem was fantastic.
Ready2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:05 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I have been dealing with HWH.They workedon it a couple times at the GNR. I talked to them thrusday, And purchased the ram to replace the bad one. $139.00 after going back and forth they agreed to give me $66.00 back when I send the old one back. The place I get it repaired has a gentleman that was trained by HWH. It seem that alot are having good luck with there HWH stytem, but somebody have to have bad luck and I'm that one. Foregot two thing the nylon guides on the front slide are busted and one jack not working right.I will probly go by there place on my way to GNR.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:17 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Those broken guides are a known poblem, ours were replaced at no charge. If all your jack problems were documented, Winnebago should have stepped up to the plate and fixed your system. Good Luck
Old 01-20-2008, 09:04 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

randy, I think my mh has been out of warr for 3 year and 2 hoses broke on my slideout. I didnt ask but when i contacted hwh about ordering 2 new ones they said my hoses shouldnt have broke so soon and sent me 2 new hoses. they seem to be good to deal with. I know this doesnt solve your problem but maybe theres hope. good luck.