Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2007, 05:25 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Upon arriving at our current campground site I found that my jacks would not go down. The HWH system had worked perfectly the previous day so I was sure I had blown a fuse or something like that. I checked the oil level, the contacts for corrosion, the control box (not that I understood all of the lights) and found nothing obviously broken. The touch panel worked to dump and store and level lights worked but the up/down arrow red lights would not go on. I decided to contact HWH. I went online Monday morning at 6:00 and left a message regarding my problem. Before I was actually up and about I got a call from Wally at HWH. I described the problem and that I wasn't prepared at that moment to do mechanical things. He told me where online to find the service manual and explained that it included diagnostic routines for the system. I thanked him for the prompt response and he wished me well. Later that morning I started my investigations only to find that my circuit tester was broken. Trip to Sears for a new one. Next morning I started again. Before I had finished reading the service manual, I got another call from Wally. He was checking on my progress. He then walked me through testing the system to make sure power was getting to where it should be. After several checks, he asked me to remove the touch panel to see if my model had a small fuse behind the panel. There was none, but I noticed there was a small 1" screw on the floor in the compartment below the touch panel. It was one of the screws that holds the two circuit boards to the touch panel. I carefully replaced it and tightened all of them. SUCCESS!! The touch panel worked and the jacks were running again. Three years of pressing on the touch panel had loosened the screw and caused the circuir board to separate, causing my problem. THANK YOU WALLY AND HWH!! Without Wally's concern, attention and assistance I would be unable to level my coach or writing out a big check to some RV repair facility. It is comforting to know what fine customer service HWH provides and thanks again to Wally.

Don Thimas
2004 Vectra 40AD
Toyota Tacoma Toadb

2004 Vectra 40AD
VectraDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:25 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Upon arriving at our current campground site I found that my jacks would not go down. The HWH system had worked perfectly the previous day so I was sure I had blown a fuse or something like that. I checked the oil level, the contacts for corrosion, the control box (not that I understood all of the lights) and found nothing obviously broken. The touch panel worked to dump and store and level lights worked but the up/down arrow red lights would not go on. I decided to contact HWH. I went online Monday morning at 6:00 and left a message regarding my problem. Before I was actually up and about I got a call from Wally at HWH. I described the problem and that I wasn't prepared at that moment to do mechanical things. He told me where online to find the service manual and explained that it included diagnostic routines for the system. I thanked him for the prompt response and he wished me well. Later that morning I started my investigations only to find that my circuit tester was broken. Trip to Sears for a new one. Next morning I started again. Before I had finished reading the service manual, I got another call from Wally. He was checking on my progress. He then walked me through testing the system to make sure power was getting to where it should be. After several checks, he asked me to remove the touch panel to see if my model had a small fuse behind the panel. There was none, but I noticed there was a small 1" screw on the floor in the compartment below the touch panel. It was one of the screws that holds the two circuit boards to the touch panel. I carefully replaced it and tightened all of them. SUCCESS!! The touch panel worked and the jacks were running again. Three years of pressing on the touch panel had loosened the screw and caused the circuir board to separate, causing my problem. THANK YOU WALLY AND HWH!! Without Wally's concern, attention and assistance I would be unable to level my coach or writing out a big check to some RV repair facility. It is comforting to know what fine customer service HWH provides and thanks again to Wally.

Don Thimas
2004 Vectra 40AD
Toyota Tacoma Toadb

2004 Vectra 40AD
VectraDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:04 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I agree with you that the customer service is top notch at HWH. In my recent replacement of my hydrulice hose for my jacks I emailed them a bunch of times getting various information and asking them how to do it. Each time they emailed back to me within 2 hours. I was going to take it in and have the hose replaced but after emailing them I convinced myself I could do it. Saved my self $250.

Glad your repair was a minor one. If you took it in they might not have even found that loose/missing screw.

Seattle, WA
rvcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:44 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

VectraDon,
You're right we are dealing with HWH now for a slideout fitting leak... I was told by one service facility that "all" the hoses needed to be replaced It would cost 800.00 for labor and the cost of hoses and fittings. I checked all the hoses and hose ends couldn't find any dry rot or craking as they told me.. The ONLY place where it was leaking was at the fitting itself. HWH asked if I could take pictures of the areas and send them via email. After looking at the pics we both agreed that the problem is the fittings so they called another service center that had the swenging tool?? spelling? for the fittings. Called us back and told us about this service center and we could go down and check it out first and talk to the Service manager. We did, and after we scheduled an appointment there... HWH rules!
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:18 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I agree,
HWH service is excellent. I had a jack that was not retracting. Luckily, we could stop at their plant on the way out to vacation. I made an appointment. We got there and 4 hours later, was back on the road. NO charge, even though we were out of warranty. Excellent company personnel and the plant service area is very clean...
Old 01-31-2007, 04:40 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Hello,
Just got home with a 2002 Horizon that we purchased in Texas and drove home to Nevada. I have noticed several leaks in the HWH system. Mainly at the fittings on the large slide and, at the pump. I have been reding about recalls on the leaks. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Richard
P.S New MH owner. Formerly travel trailers.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:54 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Richard,
The best thing to do is give them a call at
1-800-321-3494 or 563-724-3396 or visit their web at www.hwh.com
Before you call see if you can read the numbers on the end of the hoses. should be a white tag that raps around the hose near the fitting.. They will need this number to tell if it's the bad hose or not..It will also tell them what kit is on you rig..
Good luck!
Old 02-01-2007, 02:26 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Hmmm, definitely differs from my experience.

I have a slide alignment issue. HWH says they aren't responsible for alignment and won't tell me how to align it. Dealer says yes it's an issue can you wait until January when they were supposedly having a HWH technician seminar (this was last summer). I waited. Multiple phone calls to the dealer as to when to bring it in. It's February. My slide isn't fixed.

Based on these reviews, sounds like I need to call HWH again.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 05:29 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

tderonne,,,our slide was not adjusted right...we had trouble with it first day we owned the coach..our dealer had made the repairs and even though their techs had adjusted it several times,,,it was not right...we were in Michigan for a rally and went from there to Forrest City to the factory,,,,they adjusted it correctly and also replaced all the seals with the new type...at no charge,,,even though the unit and slides were out of warranty...

Malibu Toad
Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:01 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Posted February 01, 2007 07:26 AM Hide Post
Hmmm, definitely differs from my experience.

I have a slide alignment issue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That would be a Coach Builder problem. To me it sounds like your dealer has to train Techs on HWH equipment. Slides are installed and adjusted by the Coach builder. That would be Winnebago?? Call Winnebago and tell them what has been going on with "your" dealer. Why would you call HWH? HWH did what they should have done... Dealer issue
Old 02-01-2007, 06:10 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

I agree it's probably a Winnebago issue, but HWH wouldn't tell me a thing. I could adjust it myself if I knew what was what. I've read there's a manual that shows how to adjust it, but I've never seen one.

HWH wouldn't help me with a right/left level indicator issue either. It's never worked, delaer has "fixed" it three times now. Still doesn't work. I carry a level with me.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:20 AM   #12
Winnie-Wise

I'm sorry but I agree with HWH... If "they" give you a CRASH course in slide adjustment it could just be that! Now, who would have to step up to fix it??? I would say call the Winnie Factory People. Tell them that it has been back to your dealer 3 times and still haven't fixed the problem... I feel your frustration..