Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2019, 07:46 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

HWH beeper

Seems I have a set of weak leveler springs on 2001 Journey 32T. I'm 1300 miles from home & can't stand the sound that far. Is there a way to over ride/ silence the beeper till we get home?
Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 07:07 AM   #2
Site Team

Are you sure it’s not just low on fluid? ‘Cause you’ll get the same warning beep if it is even just a little low.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:11 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Mine did that after making sure the were up far enough to drive I would go in a few minutes the would retract from road vibration and beeper would stop , you need to try to extend jacks wipe clean and then wipe with transmission fluid this seems to have solved my problem of jacks not retracting hope this helps.
Cataska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:30 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

If in fact the jacks are not extended in any way you may be able to temporarily unplug the sensor at the tank(?) and continue on.

Disclaimer: We are not familiar with the HWH leveling system but we are with the Power Gear. There was a fluid sensor on the tank which would set off the alarm. On a previous motorhome ours did that while we were underway and the only thing we could do was to unplug the sensor. That was at the advice of Power Gear.
We never did replace that sensor as Power Gear wanted something like $190 for one. But as always we just continued with our normal routine anyways which was to always make sure all jacks were fully retracted before departing.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:56 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

It's my LF leveler relaxes just abit & sets off the alarm. It may go a hour or two with no issues then come on, sometimes it'll stop on it's own, today it stayed on for 4hrs, then stopped. I unhooked the sensor before & it never shut off that day. Is there a fuse for the levelers? The cover of my chassis box doesn't label the removeable Auto type fuses.
Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:46 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

You can also try extending part way and retracting again. That has worked for me on the few occasions when one wouldnt retract fully.
rv kayakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:08 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

First, as previously replied, oil level must be at the full mark when jacks are retracted.
Second, the original return springs(straight) suffer from fatigue over time, replace them with the new stronger style springs that are tapered on both ends.
I learned to wait a minute after the store light come on before turning off the control pad; or allow it to time-out and shut off itself. It gives the system time to settle out, reed valves to close properly while the oil return solenoids are open. Haven't had another jacks down alarm while driving since.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:32 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale View Post
It's my LF leveler relaxes just abit & sets off the alarm. It may go a hour or two with no issues then come on, sometimes it'll stop on it's own, today it stayed on for 4hrs, then stopped. I unhooked the sensor before & it never shut off that day. Is there a fuse for the levelers? The cover of my chassis box doesn't label the removeable Auto type fuses.

Welcome to the forum. I hope your alarming problem is fixed. If not, take a look at this drawing. http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2001/135859.pdf Follow the very top edge of the drawing to the right. There is a divider between 2 and one. Now scale down the page to "E". Your alarm connector is located in your dash here. Getting to is may be a challenge. But as a sanity fix, disconnect the alarm. Once this is done you are totally responsible for the health and safety of your jacks until the actual problem is found. Of course, as others have said, if the fluid level is low this could be the problem. If the springs are too weekend with age to keep the jacks up when traveling, then your fix is straight forward.

Travel safe. Happy trails.
Rick Y

Tags
hwh