Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

How to change bulb in monitor fixture??

Does anyone know how to replace a bulb in this fixture (picture attached I hope.)? I am going to break something if I persist.

From a 2004 Itasca Meridian

Thanks
Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0216.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	308.5 KB
ID:	27430  
AlexP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #2

There's been several threads on this fixture but here's the one I have bookmarked for quick reference. It will show how to replace that light bulb with an LED along with a lot of information about that fixture:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/winn...rd-119137.html

amanda_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #3

Click here for the answer to your specific question from that thread referenced above as that person had the same question and answers were posted below.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I took mine apart and replaced the bulb, but now I can't put it back together. I guess I'll just replace the whole fixture; hopefully with an LED bulb. Anyone know where?
Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thank you Amanda,

I stuck my penknife between the outermost white ring and the one just one inside and twisted it so hard I was sure the plastic would break, but it didn't. It just came apart. Able to put a new G4 in. No sign of any burning.

Appreciate the help
Alex
Old 10-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #6

Glad to hear that you got it apart without breaking it, Alex!

Yeah, we haven't yet touched ours but I keep that thread bookmarked because when the bulb does blow out, we probably will go with an LED replacement. Nice to know that yours wasn't showing any signs of burning. We are not really concerned about a fire hazard because we usually have that light on for only brief periods of time. It's not like it's on for hours ...a few minutes at the most.

Wannabe, again, in that thread referenced, Jeff suggested a place to buy a fixture if you need one. There's another thread where somebody mentioned another place to buy one but I don't have that one handy right now. Click here for Jeff's post on where to buy the fixture and here to see his post on the LED bulb to use.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:37 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Great post and thanks for the replies as I believe we have the same light. We don't use it much either, but as things have been going I'm sure it will soon
Old 02-02-2013, 08:04 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Just to follow up and leave a record. Three months later the lens holder was on the floor. The plastic had been weakened, and the tab broke. Ordered a new fixture. Winny part no 146046-01-01A from Lichtsinn. $20 plus shipping. Presumably a permanent fix.

I did find the plastic heat discoloration on the top of the fixture that others spoke of. It was not obvious with the fixture installed. Probably not a good light to leave on for very long.

Alex