Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

How to adjust slide height

Just installed a Allure laminate floor in my main living area and now need to adjust the height of my slides about 3/16 of an inch. Looking for guidance from someone who has adjusted the ride height on their slides.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:54 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I'm just doing the same project in our 26' Skyline 5er. In my case the new Allegra is much shorter than the original carpet. Is the slide actually being held up by the floor?
lymanlouis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:21 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catcoach View Post
Just installed a Allure laminate floor in my main living area and now need to adjust the height of my slides about 3/16 of an inch. Looking for guidance from someone who has adjusted the ride height on their slides.
won't that misalign your graphics? I adjusted my bedroom slide and used the graphics to get the right height. I will be interested to see if the front slide can be adjusted.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Yes, it will probably misalign the graphics but I need to adjust height in order for the slide to close. When I removed the carpet there is a metal strip on the slide that catches on the very edge of the new laminate, once it gets past that point all is OK. I guess when there was carpet is slide over but now that there is an edge, the Allure, it catches. Only alternative is to remove the metal strip, which I don't see how yet or use a skill saw to cut back the edge which I don't want to do.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:37 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

I would call Winnebago Customer Service. The company used to publish a manual (primarily for the dealers) detailing how to adjust the slides. You'll need to know which brand you have since there was a manual for each. We were able to purchase the one for our 2001 Adventurer through our dealer.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:49 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

I did the same floor replacement on my 07 Ellipse. The front slides tended to scratch the Allure flooring so I wanted to adjust the slide height to take some of the pressure off.

I received the attached guide from Winnie and it's really good... but I haven't had the guts to try it yet.

Rick
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Slideout Room Adjustment Guide (1).pdf (2.65 MB, 564 views)

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Ricko,
Thanks for the manual, your right seems a little more complicated than I first thought. Thanks for attaching the manual, after reading it I am contemplating a beveled strip to loft the room up as it comes in. I will let everyone know what I come up with.
Have a great Thanksgiving

Tags
slide