Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2007, 11:15 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I noticed a what appears to be a seem running horizontal for about 4 or 5 inches. It starts at a cargo door and is about 1/4" thick. It the end of the seem, it likes like a hairline crack. It's all under the clearcoat. This is the only place it appears as far as i can tell.
I can reach up behind it and I can't feel anyting there that would cause it.
Is this normal? I don't want to be too fussy but, I don't want to have problems later.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:15 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I noticed a what appears to be a seem running horizontal for about 4 or 5 inches. It starts at a cargo door and is about 1/4" thick. It the end of the seem, it likes like a hairline crack. It's all under the clearcoat. This is the only place it appears as far as i can tell.
I can reach up behind it and I can't feel anyting there that would cause it.
Is this normal? I don't want to be too fussy but, I don't want to have problems later.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:06 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Without seeing at least pictures, it would be hard to say. I can't picture any body seams like you describe. You say it is "all under the clearcot" but that you "can reach up behind it" ...do you perhaps mean you can get your hand on the back side of the body panel? I cannot picture anything that sounds "normal" about the way you describe it. If you have any questions at all about it, I recommend you have a dealer service dept take a look at it, and don't stop prodding until you have an answer you are quite satisfied with. Another good idea would be to communicate with Winnebago Owner Relations at [email protected]. You could send them a digital picture too. The email communication would document your problem in writing, and the date of the communication, in case you need that reference later.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:07 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks AFChap. i took some pictures this afternoon and am going to send them to my dealer. They don't show it real well, but, they do show it. It's about 6 inches up the body panel from the bottom, in between two cargo doors. I originally thought i might be where the floor meets the side but, it's too low for that and i can feel the backside of the body panel that has this 'seem'. It almost looks like bondo or joint compound between two sheets of sheetrock. It's too perfect of a flaw to be a mistake, I think. It's kind of weird I never noticed before and now it is jumping out at me whenever I look in it's direction!
Old 04-07-2007, 03:30 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

I suggest you send the pictures to Winnebago also.

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:37 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I sent picures to owner relations and to the dealer on Saturday night. How good is owner relations at getting back to you? Should I expect to hear back this week? Do I need to stay on top of them and re-send every couple of days?
Old 04-09-2007, 01:35 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How good is owner relations at getting back to you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I normally get a reply in less than a week. Once I didn't get any reply at all in a couple of weeks, but when I resent the message I got a quick reply.