Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-12-2022, 07:42 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Hood Stops on a 26HE

Noticed a black bracket the other day laying on the ground under my Vista. Took a while till I figured out it was one of the hood stop brackets. I was looking for a mounting bolt as there are slots in the bracket that would take bolts. I realized after examining the other bracket that they were glued on with an epoxy at the factory. That was a (are you kidding me) moment that Winnebago would do this. Anyhow, not wanting to drill holes in the front end of the rig for bolts, I said what the heck and opted for JB Weld epoxy as my solution. I also attached zip ties to each bracket as a lifeline and epoxied the other ends to the body nearby.That way if they ever fell off again, the zip ties would prevent loosing them. I also adjusted the stops for minimum pressure against the hood when closed. I feel very lucky that it failed while parked in the yard instead of out on the road where it would be lost.
I tell this story to advise others to inspect their hood stops for potential adhesive failure.
Phil M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 08:34 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I had similar issue. Searched this forum and found this thread. I brought it back to life for current. Read through it to see what I did.

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...-358900-4.html
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote