Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2016, 05:04 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Arrow Help Wanted On Leveling a 22R

leveling a Winnebago 22r with out having to spent a lot for hydraulics
mbs67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 09:09 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Sorry I can't help with your problem as all my MHs have had jacks. I have observed several folks with out jacks use blocking to drive the low side wheels up on to the blocks. I do not know what they use on the inside to determine which side is low as I never asked.

Hopefully someone with experience will pop in and offer some advice.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 09:35 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Make some ramps yourself. Take a 1 1/2' for long 2x4 and screw a 1'long 2x4 on top at one end and screw a 6" piece of 2x4 at the same end on top of the 1' piece. My guess work regarding lengths is perhaps a little off since I've never made any myself. Maybe start with a 2' piece and go from there proportionately. I would make at least two of them.

You can buy little bubble levels that are about the size of a silver dollar at many rv supply stores. Find an out of the way flat, level spot in your coach and mount it there.
whaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:26 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Make sure the boards are wider than the tire tread and that both tires of a dual are supported.
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:34 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

There are a number of choices in buying leveling blocks.
rv leveling blocks - Bing images
If you decide to just m
ake your own, you want to use at least 2 x 8s, if not 2 x 10s to support the whole tire footprint, as well as blocks under each of your dual rear wheels, if you need to raise the rear, .
Old 11-01-2016, 07:42 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaap View Post
Make some ramps yourself. Take a 1 1/2' for long 2x4 and screw a 1'long 2x4 on top at one end and screw a 6" piece of 2x4 at the same end on top of the 1' piece. My guess work regarding lengths is perhaps a little off since I've never made any myself. Maybe start with a 2' piece and go from there proportionately. I would make at least two of them.

You can buy little bubble levels that are about the size of a silver dollar at many rv supply stores. Find an out of the way flat, level spot in your coach and mount it there.
Sorry for my goof calling for 2X4. You want to be wider than your tires.
whaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 06:19 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

We use the plastic leveling blocks and have had excellent luck with them. You can purchase them at Walmart. You will probably need two packages of them. Also you can mount small level gauges on the exterior wall one on the side and one the back of the house. These are also available at Walmart.
H-12Mike is offline   Reply With Quote